Please help - writing an application for an open day when you missed another one - is this okay or will I reflect poorly?

AV2000

Jul 9, 2022
I want to attend an Open Day at Shearman & Sterling. I had been accepted to their Open Day in November, however during the week some personal circumstances/illness came up and there was no way I could attend. I emailed them as soon as I could, however never got a response. I really do want an insight into the firm, and they have another upcoming Open Day. Should I email the firm asking if I could apply? How similar/different does my application need to be? Can I actually apply? Any insight would be really appreciated, thank you in advance!

jamielidchi

Apr 1, 2023
I want to attend an Open Day at Shearman & Sterling. I had been accepted to their Open Day in November, however during the week some personal circumstances/illness came up and there was no way I could attend. I emailed them as soon as I could, however never got a response. I really do want an insight into the firm, and they have another upcoming Open Day. Should I email the firm asking if I could apply? How similar/different does my application need to be? Can I actually apply? Any insight would be really appreciated, thank you in advance!
Definitely apply again - especially if they failed to respond to your email explaining your inability to attend

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.