Post your suggestions here

Nicole

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Feb 28, 2018
Hey everyone,

I'll be updating you guys on these forums so you can see what we're working on a the moment. A few of you have made suggestions already, and that's been super helpful.

I'd like to stress that the purpose of this site is to help you guys get into the top corporate law firms. We've got a nice network of lawyers to help out and lots of advice to share, but that's no good if we're not doing the right things. So, if there's anything you think we could be doing better or any features you'd like to see, please post it below. We'll chat with you and see what we can do :).

Best,
Nicole

GD1995

Feb 28, 2018
Hi Nicole,

Could there possibly be a feature giving more insight into how a law firm works as a business, the way it generates profit and gets work from clients. As well as the role of lawyers in commercial law firms and how they tackle different business crises? (if possible!)

Thank you!

Nicole

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Feb 28, 2018
Hi Nicole,

Could there possibly be a feature giving more insight into how a law firm works as a business, the way it generates profit and gets work from clients. As well as the role of lawyers in commercial law firms and how they tackle different business crises? (if possible!)

Thank you!

Hey GD, I love the suggestion, it's something I used to struggle with! I've spoke to @Jaysen and he said we can get the guide started this weekend and aim to get it out next week (depending on how deep we go).

So just a tentative outline:
  • How is a law firm structured?
  • How does a law firm make money?
  • Profits per equity partner (PEP) (this is used all the time to refer to law firms but it can be quite confusing and it's also controversial!)
  • The role of lawyers in commercial law firms
  • How do lawyers tackle different business crises?
Is there anything else you'd like us to add? We'd be very happy to do so! Also, when you mention business crises, were there any in particular that you had in mind?

D

Deleted member 21

Hey GD, I love the suggestion, it's something I used to struggle with! I've spoke to @Jaysen and he said we can get the guide started this weekend and aim to get it out next week (depending on how deep we go).

So just a tentative outline:
  • How is a law firm structured?
  • How does a law firm make money?
  • Profits per equity partner (PEP) (this is used all the time to refer to law firms but it can be quite confusing and it's also controversial!)
  • The role of lawyers in commercial law firms
  • How do lawyers tackle different business crises?
Is there anything else you'd like us to add? We'd be very happy to do so! Also, when you mention business crises, were there any in particular that you had in mind?

This may be useful: https://www.ft.com/content/0532a6ae-25f0-11e8-b27e-cc62a39d57a0

GD1995

Feb 28, 2018
Hi Nicole,

Thank you! Everything sounds good. Maybe you could add in how partners develop a client base? And no I didn't have any business crises in mind, I'm not actually sure what business crises are so this guide will be really helpful!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.