Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker, I came across this forum and I have some questions regarding a background check I am currently undergoing with Vero.

1. I worked as a contractor for a time and invoiced clients, and handled my own financials. When filling out this part of the form, it says that they will contact me for more information. Does anyone have any idea what this information is?
  2. I worked as a contractor briefly (2 Months) before joining my past place of work full time. I put these as one item. I am worried they will see a descrepency in my dates employed with the company if they contact them. Would this be an issue?
  3. I have an item in my experience as “work experience” which was done quite informally during my studies. I explained this to them during the interview process, but I am just worried something gets flagged here because I am not sure if I am on record with the company. In addition, the title I provided is not "official" but more descriptive of the role. Do you see a problem here?

Thanks in advance for your help here!
1) any tax returns, proof of invoices/payments, proof of contracts, or reference from an accountant (this is what I have provided in the past as a contractor)

2) not an issue - you’ll just have to provide two sets of information. One set as a contractor and the other as an employee.

3) not necessarily an issue depending on what information you can provide that would evidence the role existed.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Thanks for the helpful response. I am concerned for 1. because I am in the process with settling my tax for this, and do not have tax returns. The process has been delayed for various reasons. do you think this will be alright?
You’d just have to provide one of the other sets of evidence.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.