Pre-Writing Vac Scheme Apps Over Summer

mk32

Jun 8, 2022
Hi! I'd like to get a head start on writing my vac scheme applications over the summer so that I can submit my applications as early as possible when applications open. Are the questions used on applications typically the same from previous years? If so, could anyone help me by posting the applications questions from last year? Here are some of the main firms I am interested in:

- Mishcon de Reya
- Ashurst
- Baker McKenzie
- Hogan Lovells
- Linklaters
- Latham
- HSF
- A&O
- Cleary

Note: I know there's no guarantee that previous questions will be used again this year, but it'd be helpful for me to start drafting ideas.

Thanks so much!

Reactions: Jaysen

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hey! If you're unable to gather questions for these firms, I'd suggest having ideas for the following questions as way to prepare for the upcoming application cycle-
  • Why commercial law?
  • Why this firm?
  • Why should we hire you?
  • Tell us about a time where you had to balance a range of priorities.
  • Tell us about a time when you failed at something.
  • Tell us about a time you worked in a team towards a common goal.
  • Discuss a commercial issue that's recently caught your eye.
  • What sets our firm apart from our competitors?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.