Question about winter vac schemes

lawgrad123445

Standard Member
Jun 18, 2020
Hey everyone, was just wondering for those winter VC apps which recruit on a rolling basis that opened on 1st Oct and will close on 31 Oct/late Oct, should I realistically be going for winter or summer/spring? I would ideally like to have a TC locked up as soon as possible, but of course I appreciate that the timing would not favour me, given that the application window is exactly half gone. Would appreciate everyone's thoughts, thanks in advance!

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hey everyone, was just wondering for those winter VC apps which recruit on a rolling basis that opened on 1st Oct and will close on 31 Oct/late Oct, should I realistically be going for winter or summer/spring? I would ideally like to have a TC locked up as soon as possible, but of course I appreciate that the timing would not favour me, given that the application window is exactly half gone. Would appreciate everyone's thoughts, thanks in advance!
    I find TCLA really useful for tracking rolling deadlines as you can see if the firm has started progressing people. I would say if you haven’t seen any news of people getting to the next stages then you’re fine, and also remember firms receive most of their applications on the last day even when they’re rolling.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I’d still apply for winter programmes at this stage. It’s still two weeks until the end of the month and most people will apply in the last few days.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: S30

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.