Reed Smith LLP Video Interview

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    I applied for the Spring VS and the email told me to choose an AC date for either late Jan or early Feb and to send them my postal address for the materials :) I think the summer offers will take some time don’t worry guys I’m rooting for all of you :)
    Are ACs in person or virtual then?

also, are these the dates you were offered?

- Mon 31st

- Wed 2nd

- Fri 4th

- Mon 7th

- Wed 9th

- Fri 11th

shootingstar

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 6, 2020
    Are ACs in person or virtual then?

also, are these the dates you were offered?

- Mon 31st

- Wed 2nd

- Fri 4th

- Mon 7th

- Wed 9th

- Fri 11th
    I think it might be virtual since the preparation pack will be sent to my house - but I’ll confirm with you once I hear more by Tuesday I think!

And I’m not sure how many AC slots they offer but I think there only held on two separate days!

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Do you guys also think the VI extension has something to do with AC offers - could it be help those who submitted before extension heard back quicker?
    I don’t think that would be the case as they will have reviewed the interviews all at once
    I think it might be virtual since the preparation pack will be sent to my house - but I’ll confirm with you once I hear more by Tuesday I think!

And I’m not sure how many AC slots they offer but I think there only held on two separate days!
    great. The dates above were the ones that I was sent by grad recruitment for summer scheme which means they must be holding them separately!

shootingstar

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 6, 2020
    I don’t think that would be the case as they will have reviewed the interviews all at once

great. The dates above were the ones that I was sent by grad recruitment for summer scheme which means they must be holding them separately!
    You’re right! I just booked my AC dates today and the dates you mentioned are the ones graduate recruitment offered. So I think the spring and summer VS ACs might be held together.

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    View attachment 3810

I went to book my slots 20 minutes after the link is sent out and these are the dates that I could choose from. Is it the same for you?
    No one has heard anything regarding summer ACs on the forum from what I can gather; myself included.

I’ve either been PFOd or they just genuinely haven’t given out summer spaces yet. Time will tell as they promised us that we’d find out by the end of this week.

Whilst this is only creating more and more riddles for us Summer schemers… We know that the dates for spring/summer ACs are the same.

We know that ‘If you are successful in progressing to the next stage, the dates of the case study interviews will be held in the AM and PM of the below dates.’ From the original holding email that we received

The most probable, and perhaps optimistic, guess that I can conjure up is that the slots that you see available are purely for the spring AC, which will be held in the AM, and that us summer schemers will be held in the PM, or vice versa, with entirely separate slots on the same days.

Ive come to this conclusion since it doesn’t look like you can choose between AM or PM, but please; let me know if you can!

Im reading into all of this wayyyy too deeply but I just can’t help it - so much so that I think I’m going to exclusively be applying for spring schemes next cycle if I am unsuccessful because I cannot bear the prolonged uncertainty that summer schemes seem to bring!

If I am in fact correct, then call me Sherlock Holmes. If not, then I give up trying to predict the often unfathomable and mystical patterns that surround graduate recruitment, which is probably the most healthy thing for me to do at this point anyway 🥲.

Reactions: anon123456789

DT89

M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 12, 2018
    As expected it's a PFO from Reed Smith. I just got an email. I had predicted mass PFOs sometime this week. Phewww!!! The takeaway form Reed Smith application process? Doing a video interview and preparing for strength based interview has helped me to be more confident in a couple of other video interviews I have taken so far. Also, the application itself was short with just one question. Therefore, I didn't spend a lot of time on the application.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.