Rejection from Linklaters Vac Scheme first stage

mustardcustard

• Sep 10, 2021
    Hi everyone, I just got a rejection from Linklaters Summer Vac Scheme at the first stage and am trying to work out which areas I should improve upon for next year's application.

I got a 99th percentile in the Watson Glaser and highest scoring in motivation/commercial thinking, lowest in resource and work management.

For those of you who made it to the next round, what was your Watson-Glaser percentile and your weak/strong attributes? Did you put Open Days/part-time jobs in your work experience?

Any comment from someone who's been in a similar situation would also be much appreciated, thanks!

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi everyone, I just got a rejection from Linklaters Summer Vac Scheme at the first stage and am trying to work out which areas I should improve upon for next year's application.

I got a 99th percentile in the Watson Glaser and highest scoring in motivation/commercial thinking, lowest in resource and work management.

For those of you who made it to the next round, what was your Watson-Glaser percentile and your weak/strong attributes? Did you put Open Days/part-time jobs in your work experience?

Any comment from someone who's been in a similar situation would also be much appreciated, thanks!
    Hey @mustardcustard,

I am really sorry to hear that your application to Links was not successful this year. It is impressive that you are bouncing back with such a positive attitude though. This is exactly the sort of attitude that will bring you success in applying 🔥.

Unfortunately I can't help you with this particular question. However, I am sure there are members of the community who can.

My advice for this sort of query is to have a look through the forum to find others in the community who have already posted about their experience of the Linklaters application process. You can then PM them directly (as often many users will not search through newly created threads, such as this one).

If you are unfamiliar with how the forum's search functionality works: if you are on a laptop, the search bar is in the top right of the screen. For example, there are a few users (who you could PM directly) who pop up using the search "Linklaters vacation scheme".

In any case, I am sure other you will get some replies on here soon too, but in the meantime this might be helpful.

Please do reach out if you need anything else 🙌 .

I am on hand to answer any questions that you might have!

Reactions: Jaysen

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi @George Maxwell Would It be still ok to ask my individual percentile, when the grad rec already mentioned in their mail that they cannot give an individual feedback due to high volume ?
    Hey @Mae East,

Either way it can't hurt! However, from my experience, firms always released WG score results, so my advice would be to email if you are interested (as I would be!).

Let me know whether they release your results when/if you hear back 💪

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.