Rolling applications/Mishcon

Al1793

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Hello,

Has anyone ever applied to MdR close to the deadline and got through to interview? It's a firm I'm really keen on, although (nightmare scenario) I had their deadline down as 22 Jan and now see it's 22 Dec. Trying to decide whether it's worth submitting an application at all, particularly since it will likely be a time-consuming one. Very interested to hear other people's thoughts/experiences (on rolling applications generally as well as MdR).

Thanks!

Reactions: AvniD

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello,

Has anyone ever applied to MdR close to the deadline and got through to interview? It's a firm I'm really keen on, although (nightmare scenario) I had their deadline down as 22 Jan and now see it's 22 Dec. Trying to decide whether it's worth submitting an application at all, particularly since it will likely be a time-consuming one. Very interested to hear other people's thoughts/experiences (on rolling applications generally as well as MdR).

Thanks!
If you are really keen on them, then I think you have to give it a shot.

Are you really willing to wait another year for the next opportunity?

Reactions: George Maxwell and Al1793

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hello,

Thanks!
Send it! Most firms receive more than half their applications on their closing date and in any case, you'll only be in the running if you send your app in, right? Let us know if you need any help if you decide to send your app in- you've got this! 😇

tt_xo

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 20, 2020
Mishcon says that they are rolling, so maybe there is an internal process where they screen applications, but as far as I know Mishcon doesn't get back to candidates until after the deadline so I would say its definetly worth still applying. I applied in September and they havent got back to me yet.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.