Started from the bottom

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    do ppl here do formatives

ive been so burnt out i haven't done a formative since 1st year lmao
    but i really want to get the best grades i can this final sem

its just they set formatives then you're burnt out then 2 weeks later they set summatives 😭

i think ill try to do one to keep my sanity, but the other modules are gonna suffer

all i really need is structure but why do certain teachers gatekeep i miss first year and second, all those modules had set textbooks the modules i do now are random readings and they set a billion, well it feels like that

I MISS HAVING A PHYSICAL BOOK TO HIGHLIGHT AND READ FROM AND BE STUDIOUS

i hate looking at a screen for so long

urgh gonna have to arrange a meeting or something with some module teachers coz i be needing help, im shy theyre gna be like did u do the formative?

no because i dont understand 🫠
    I never really did formatives in 1st & 2nd year but once it ht final year I did every single one of them! I grilled my lecturers to ensure I knew what they expected in the actual assessments and went over every criticism they mentioned, you sometimes gotta be annoying yikes 😂

It helped though went from 2:2’s and low 2:1 to a 1st.

Reactions: ohnoselim

ohnoselim

Esteemed Member
    Dec 21, 2023
    I never really did formatives in 1st & 2nd year but once it ht final year I did every single one of them! I grilled my lecturers to ensure I knew what they expected in the actual assessments and went over every criticism they mentioned, you sometimes gotta be annoying yikes 😂

It helped though went from 2:2’s and low 2:1 to a 1st.
    oh wow thats so good!
    maybe i need to start doing mine lmao

ohnoselim

Esteemed Member
    Dec 21, 2023
    waiting for stephenson harwood's response is nerve wracking considering i've only done the application

still haven't heard anything back not even an invite to do the blended assessment or a rejection

i wonder if anyones heard back, i applied for the summer vs so idek, just seems odd I would assume that if the app was good enough they would've sent an invite by now as it was a rolling deadline

patience is key ig

hungry_for_TC

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 2, 2021
    so completed the browne jacobson SJT and...... the feedback is questionable

i dont have high hopes for this one now 😭

i scored:
    high on intellect
    natural/medium on numerical

too many 5's if just one was a bit higher it woulda looked better sigh, i don't think the test reflected me well
    but as its amberjack you still have the written things that they'll assess so who knows

if anything im well-rounded ig

my tactic to not get too down after tests is to pretend i didnt get it anyway 😭
    ON TO THE NEXT
    these personality tests are just fancy ones that AI software makes but in reality they're like Buzzfeed tests. Don't worry about failing them, one firms test said I was a strong leader the other said I'm more of a team-work sheep, so it's sooo subjective!!!

Reactions: bangarangbass39

ohnoselim

Esteemed Member
    Dec 21, 2023
    these personality tests are just fancy ones that AI software makes but in reality they're like Buzzfeed tests. Don't worry about failing them, one firms test said I was a strong leader the other said I'm more of a team-work sheep, so it's sooo subjective!!!
    not the buzzfeed test 🤣

they should scrap these tbh they say they want you to be yourself but fit you into subjective categories

ohnoselim

Esteemed Member
    Dec 21, 2023
    Made a few more applications since the last post, i say few it was more like 2 and 1 summer internship

It's so awkward being in this academic stage, at every other level i knew what was next. After secondary school it was sixth form, after that uni, after uni now what?

Definitely not a masters I'm not digging myself into more debt, and unlikely the sqe as it is so expensive and you still don't have a tc guaranteed. (accessible they say I find that questionable)

I'm from an ethnic household so my work ethic has always been get a job, get a job, get a job. I've been working since I got my national insurance number 😭

Comparison is actually a thief of joy. I think I need to delete linkedin I am so proud of people to see 'I am happy to annouce...' but I can't help but think these TC's are invisible to me.

I'll still continue trying. We all have too. My sixth form advisor was right law is not easy to get into.

Hopefully I'll get in there and make it easier for others to get in one day

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    Made a few more applications since the last post, i say few it was more like 2 and 1 summer internship

It's so awkward being in this academic stage, at every other level i knew what was next. After secondary school it was sixth form, after that uni, after uni now what?

Definitely not a masters I'm not digging myself into more debt, and unlikely the sqe as it is so expensive and you still don't have a tc guaranteed. (accessible they say I find that questionable)

I'm from an ethnic household so my work ethic has always been get a job, get a job, get a job. I've been working since I got my national insurance number 😭

Comparison is actually a thief of joy. I think I need to delete linkedin I am so proud of people to see 'I am happy to annouce...' but I can't help but think these TC's are invisible to me.

I'll still continue trying. We all have too. My sixth form advisor was right law is not easy to get into.

Hopefully I'll get in there and make it easier for others to get in one day
    dear god its like ure in my mind
    heavy on the part of being from an ethnic household and getting a job has always been a worry and its so real, for someone like me who's been a planner and literally was looking into how to qualify as a solicitor when I was 17, rn being without an actual plan or anything lined up is such a massive shock to my system
    inshallah we find our way out of this <33 rooting for u

• Love
    Reactions: ohnoselim

ohnoselim

Esteemed Member
    Dec 21, 2023

Hopefully I'll get in there and make it easier for others to get in also.

dear god its like ure in my mind
    heavy on the part of being from an ethnic household and getting a job has always been a worry and its so real, for someone like me who's been a planner and literally was looking into how to qualify as a solicitor when I was 17, rn being without an actual plan or anything lined up is such a massive shock to my system
    inshallah we find our way out of this <33 rooting for u
    glad to know im relatable
    fr its all planned we dont need to stress it'll work out in the end inshallah, rooting for you tooooo cant wait to see you post about ur big adult job🥲!!

you should look into summer internships so many of them are like 2/3 months long, its a good way to fill time until the next cycle, if all else goes left, plus you'll earn some money

ohnoselim

Esteemed Member
    Dec 21, 2023
    updates:

- got an assessment to complete for a paralegal opportunity
    - and a browne jacobson TI

- and a whole lotta assignments due at the end of april, no time left for applications, this month is uni focused
    - and an exam in may sigh
    - going to fit some more in after assignments as i know a lot of direct tc and other opportunities have deadlines in may

Keep going people! we got this!

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    updates:

- got an assessment to complete for a paralegal opportunity
    - and a browne jacobson TI

- and a whole lotta assignments due at the end of april, no time left for applications, this month is uni focused
    - and an exam in may sigh
    - going to fit some more in after assignments as i know a lot of direct tc and other opportunities have deadlines in may

Keep going people! we got this!
    congratulations on ur assessment invitation and ur TI!🥹 proud of u, best of luck!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.