TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
So I heard from W&C and had a VI today, but the system crashed before the second question and when I changed browser, it went straight to question 3 and then submitted it all. I've emailed HR to ask if can re-do, but I am panicking and absolutely gutted. Has this happened to anyone else? And please please tell me that it worked out fine 🥺🥺
These technical issues happen from time to time. I’d be very surprised if they didn’t reset it for you.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    So I heard from W&C and had a VI today, but the system crashed before the second question and when I changed browser, it went straight to question 3 and then submitted it all. I've emailed HR to ask if can re-do, but I am panicking and absolutely gutted. Has this happened to anyone else? And please please tell me that it worked out fine 🥺🥺
    Not W&C, but a similar thing happened to a friend of mine at another firm and they were able to redo the VI with no issues so hopefully W&C will do the same. Fingers crossed for you!

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    If you don’t mind me asking, was this for the TC for March 2024 cohort? And when did you receive a response from them?

Reactions: 11_v_2887

AW_08

Valued Member
    Dec 20, 2019
    If you don't mind me asking, were you applying as non-law or law? I also applied for direct TC, but haven't heard back, so am getting a bit worried!
    I'm not sure what category I fall under, but I did non-law as my undergrad, GDL last year and just finished my LPC this year!

I did see a post on another thread, that it did take them till Sept/Oct last year to hear back (this person was successful) and I can confirm that's when I heard back last year (not successful)!

Reactions: A M and N.9

11_v_2887

Standard Member
    Aug 12, 2021
    I'm not sure what category I fall under, but I did non-law as my undergrad, GDL last year and just finished my LPC this year!

I did see a post on another thread, that it did take them till Sept/Oct last year to hear back (this person was successful) and I can confirm that's when I heard back last year (not successful)!
    Thank you! I suspect that your background is perhaps why they got back already. I just finished a non-law undergrad and am trying to secure a TC before doing the GDL / LPC . Hopefully they reply soon!

• 🤝
    Reactions: AW_08

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    It means generally that lawyers at the firm are given the chance to do a range of work within their practice area (I believe)

I think one disadvantage is that it takes longer to become good at a specific area - lawyers at other firms will have done that type of work many times but you may have only done it once or twice
    Thank you very much for this I did not know this.

Reactions: lawstudent12345

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Last year in the forum someone shared their spreadsheet about law firm applications and that person allowed me to use their spreadsheet for the application tracker. If anyone wants to use the spreadsheet also here it is and this spreadsheet is really good for application tracking.

Attachments

• law firm deadlines Asil September 2021-September 2022.xlsx
      12.4 KB · Views: 118
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.