TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Has anyone who applied in the last 10-15 days for the Slaughter and May 2024 TC heard back from them yet? If yes, how long did they take to respond?

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    I’m on my last day of a mini vac scheme with Akin Gump, it really is a wonderful firm with genuinely lovely people, I have made lots of notes from my time here and if anyone is interested in applying I would be more than happy to share my experiences.
    Hi @Nad2468-,

I absolutely whole-heartedly agree. They are a fantastic firm with genuinely interesting and interested people. I had a great time on my vacation scheme.

If you, or anyone else, would ever like further thoughts on the firm I am very happy to help!

Out of interest @Nad2468- what is a 'mini vac scheme'? Is this an informal experience with the firm or a WVS, for example?

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    Hi guys - I wrote on here earlier about an upcoming interview with CC for an IT role. Unfortunately I did not get the role but I was offered an invite to the 2023 training contract assessment center (conditional on me passing the watson glaser test). I just wanted to know:
    - How common this was?
    - Any great resources to become more commercially minded? (I was looking to subscribe to a newspaper but I'm not sure which?)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated - Thanks!
    Wow, congratulations! I would recommend the free Finimize daily brief :) Sign up here

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    Hi everyone! Is it worth applying for a TC at A&O considering that the deadline is on the 15 Dec and they recruit on a rolling basis?
    If you had posted this today I would say it is still worth applying! Some of my offers came from firms I applied to on the deadline despite being rolling

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    Hey guys, what all direct TC apps are coming up in the next few weeks? I know about FF but that's it
    This and this are lists of upcoming TC deadlines. I think that the first one includes some vac scheme deadlines but only for firms where the vac scheme is a necessary component of the TC application!

Last edited:
    Reactions: vacschemeapss

nkji500

• Jul 13, 2021
    Completed my WG test for CC 2023 TC yesterday - They told me to email them once I had completed it, does anyone know when I'm likely to hear back?

I'm sure I've heard that some people hear back the next day but I'm not sure - keeping my fingers crossed for a quick response

S30

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2019
    Hi everyone! I applied to A&O late sep for the 2024/25 TC and still haven’t heard back should i email and ask for an update or just leave it???
    Hey! I know someone who applied at the beginning of October, and still waiting to hear back from them! I have heard A&O are very slow in getting back to people.

I am also waiting to hear back but applied couple weeks ago. Best of luck with the outcome :)

squidsalmons

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 16, 2021
    Hi guys! I applied for the CC TC 24, A&O TC 24 and Links TC 24 - I was wondering where everyone else is with these, have you heard anything yet? When are we supposed to hear back? I know it's soon but I hate waiting in the dark!!

Reactions: bibss

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Received an A&O TC offer this afternoon!!! Still can't believe it. I seriously couldn't have done it without the support of the TCLA community (or the TCLA mock interview practice!!) 🥰
    That is amazing news! Congratulations

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    CC TC 24 rejection post-WG. It's kinda weird that I'm not sad about it despite spending a lot of time on this app. Anyway, all the best!
    I think you've dealt with your rejection really admirably 👏 👏 👏 I know you're gonna get there- keep hustling!

nkji500

• Jul 13, 2021
    Hey guys (sorry for posting so often about this), CC asked me to notify them once I had taken my WG. I took it on the 14th and on the 15th they said I should hear back the same day (15th) or the day after. I still haven't heard anything - how long should I leave it before I chase?

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hey guys (sorry for posting so often about this), CC asked me to notify them once I had taken my WG. I took it on the 14th and on the 15th they said I should hear back the same day (15th) or the day after. I still haven't heard anything - how long should I leave it before I chase?
    Hi @nkji500,

I completely understand you wanting ideas on what to do here. It is agonising waiting on a firm to get back to you.

Just to clarify, did you notify them after you had taken the test? And are you waiting to know whether or not you have passed the WG or are you just waiting to hear back about your results?

If this would be to find out whether you have been progressed as part of their vacation scheme application process, I would really try as best you can to wait at least until mid to late next week. The firm will get back to you, they just get a ridiculous number of applications as you know.

Very happy to answer questions on other applications you might be sending in the meantime to take your mind of CC 🙋‍♂️

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.