TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

ajdbnjsbfjns

Jan 29, 2024
The email saying you were invited should have had a link in. When you follow the link the dates available were there. When I went in later after checking my timetable some had already gone.
I got transferred to the vax scheme AC from my 2025 TC app as I was abroad when the ACs were being held previously, and did not receive an email to the AC. Do you know the best way to contact grad rec as they havent been answering my emails?

legally.brown

Legendary Member
  • Sep 27, 2021
    Hi @Jessica Booker

I am waiting to hear back from Freshfields and some people have said they send WG invites in batches.

Out of curiosity, I was wondering how these firms send invites? Do they wait until the first batch completes the test and see how many candidates they have rejected and send more? or do they send it out as they review applications?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker

I am waiting to hear back from Freshfields and some people have said they send WG invites in batches.

Out of curiosity, I was wondering how these firms send invites? Do they wait until the first batch completes the test and see how many candidates they have rejected and send more? or do they send it out as they review applications?
    There might not be any set reason for the batches or how/why people are processed. It can be down to a variety of factors.

legally.brown

Legendary Member
  • Sep 27, 2021
    amazing!! Please let us know if they respond..
    Everyone waiting for a Freshfields WG, I reached out to grad rec and they were kind enough to respond:

“Hi ***,

Applications are still being screened and further invitations to complete the Watson Glaser test will be issued over the near term.

Rest assured, you’ll receive an update on your application when a decision is made.”

Hope this helps to relieve any stress. Let’s stay hopeful :) If it’s a pfo for some of us, then again not the end of the world and we move 👍🏻

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.