TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

annakat

Feb 23, 2022
Do you guys reckon theyve already filled most invites? been so long getting discouraged
I have no idea. I remember someone mentioned earlier that they had only 8 slots left for interviews until October 25. Idk if that means they're considering candidates in small batches or something. Completely relate to what you're feeling though, I lose a little more hope every day that passes without a response :/

nma123

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2022
I have no idea. I remember someone mentioned earlier that they had only 8 slots left for interviews until October 25. Idk if that means they're considering candidates in small batches or something. Completely relate to what you're feeling though, I lose a little more hope every day that passes without a response :/
I wouldn’t worry - last year they ran interviews until like April or May I think and they’ve already given out pfos so if you’ve not heard I don’t think it’s a bad sign at all. They seem to just work in small batches. I interviewed last week and received a TC offer so if anyone’s looking for slaughters application/interview advice lmk, I’m very happy to help :) for ref when I interviewed I was the only one at my time slot, but one person arrived when I left - so maybe it’s two per day interviewing

tillywizz98

Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 23, 2023
I wouldn’t worry - last year they ran interviews until like April or May I think and they’ve already given out pfos so if you’ve not heard I don’t think it’s a bad sign at all. They seem to just work in small batches. I interviewed last week and received a TC offer so if anyone’s looking for slaughters application/interview advice lmk, I’m very happy to help :) for ref when I interviewed I was the only one at my time slot, but one person arrived when I left - so maybe it’s two per day interviewing
Congrats!!! When did you submit your app? That's huge well done :)

norothrow324

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
Congrats to you, thats a crazy achievement! I would have thought theyd also do pfos in batches as well though? Or would you reckon otherwise?

annakat

Feb 23, 2022
Congratulations, that’s amazing!!

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
How many internationals coming from unis from the outside of the UK have actually seen success in securing a TC? Are the odds really as stacked against us as people say? I cannot seem to get past the application stage and although it can, as anything, use some work, I really dont know if my profile and grades are the only reason, or if visa requirements have had an impact too? I say this from the least arrogant place as well, in the sense that I really do not want to sound like I see myself as the perfect candidate deserving of a contract!

For some context, I graduated with a first equivalent, have AAB equivalent from IB, and have over a year legal work experience in two different companies (not law firms but both in the, and founded two projects with over 500 student members in the three years of my LLB. Definitely can see points of improvement in my application, my motivational letters are usually my weak points, I find that I struggle writing them, but with the amount of applications and time spent, I just cant get an interview anywhere...

Once again, please do not take this as me saying "i am the perfect candidate why is no one picking me". I am far from it. More so I am asking if I should lower my expectations of this journey due to being a post brexit EU citizen, or should I look deeper into what I am doing wrong?
Hey! Do not feel defeated or give up, I have completed my studies overseas and secured a vs at a US firm. Plus, I believe that @axelbeugre was an international candidate! Chin up, ask people to give you feedback on your apps and hone your writing skills and write! You can do it!

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.