flower

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 31, 2023
    No way

A&O AC
    Sl Benfica Kiss GIF by Sport Lisboa e Benfica
    Congratulations!

May I ask when your AC is/what's the latest available date?

• Love
    Reactions: EliteWhovian

powerpuffgirl

Standard Member
    Jan 24, 2023
    Probably not the space for a rant but needed to get off my chest. I'm in my final year of university and had a vacation scheme over summer at a firm with a usually high conversion, but I didn't get a training contract offer (nor did most on my scheme, not sure if we just weren't a strong cohort or they weren't taking as many?). I worked so hard on my applications last year to avoid being in the position of applying to firms during my final year, yet unfortunately here I am anyway. Now I also worry that having the scheme on my CV but having not converted it might be a bit of a red flag to other firms, especially because as I mentioned this firm usually has a high conversion rate.

I can't stand the waiting game. I have applied to many firms but have only got 2 responses (rejections :/ ) from 2. This week has been difficult, I'm struggling to focus on my university work because I just keep refreshing my emails and portals, falling into rabbit holes of different career paths, Masters degrees etc. My friends all know their plans next year, and I'm beginning to feel left behind and demotivated. I know this is building my resilience and everyone gets rejected at some point etc... but I'm just struggling to juggle everything. Apologies for the rant but just couldn't keep it in any longer and hope this makes others feel less alone if they are in a similar place.

NJS

Legendary Member
  • Aug 21, 2021
    Probably not the space for a rant but needed to get off my chest. I'm in my final year of university and had a vacation scheme over summer at a firm with a usually high conversion, but I didn't get a training contract offer (nor did most on my scheme, not sure if we just weren't a strong cohort or they weren't taking as many?). I worked so hard on my applications last year to avoid being in the position of applying to firms during my final year, yet unfortunately here I am anyway. Now I also worry that having the scheme on my CV but having not converted it might be a bit of a red flag to other firms, especially because as I mentioned this firm usually has a high conversion rate.

I can't stand the waiting game. I have applied to many firms but have only got 2 responses (rejections :/ ) from 2. This week has been difficult, I'm struggling to focus on my university work because I just keep refreshing my emails and portals, falling into rabbit holes of different career paths, Masters degrees etc. My friends all know their plans next year, and I'm beginning to feel left behind and demotivated. I know this is building my resilience and everyone gets rejected at some point etc... but I'm just struggling to juggle everything. Apologies for the rant but just couldn't keep it in any longer and hope this makes others feel less alone if they are in a similar place.
    Everyone is on their own journey and path, I know how you feel, most of my friends from uni now have TC's and I'm currently in a paralegal job that I don't really like at all. Just have to remember that things will get better and success will come your way as long as you keep at, what you put in is what you will get out.

Easier said than done, but don't focus on anyone else but yourself, they know their plans, good for them, but who really gives one! All you have to do is focus on yourself, try your best, and I'm confident that your best is enough, having a VS is great on the CV and great experience, so use it to your advantage.

legalgrinch

Distinguished Member
  • Nov 30, 2023
    Everyone is on their own journey and path, I know how you feel, most of my friends from uni now have TC's and I'm currently in a paralegal job that I don't really like at all. Just have to remember that things will get better and success will come your way as long as you keep at, what you put in is what you will get out.

Easier said than done, but don't focus on anyone else but yourself, they know their plans, good for them, but who really gives one! All you have to do is focus on yourself, try your best, and I'm confident that your best is enough, having a VS is great on the CV and great experience, so use it to your advantage.
    Well said! 👏

Reactions: NJS

oliviapope1

Star Member
    Nov 14, 2023

Honestly, I relate to this so much! You're not the only one, don't worry. I'm currently a Master's student, with 0 vac schemes, 0 assessment centres, 0 interviews under my belt.... I have only gotten rejections so far, but we have to keep going.
    Celebrate each little win and take the no's as a next time. Just make sure to learn from your mistakes, because that's what will get you there in the end! You got this!

Samridhi Jain

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 18, 2022
    As far as I know, L&W does not offer a direct TC route. Wanted to confirm here since I asked them if they sponsor visas for international students for VS and it was a negative so I'm a little bummed not being able to able to apply to the firm :/

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.