TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Szofi66

Star Member
Oct 22, 2023
Does anyone know if Pinsent Masons sponsors visa for the direct TC this year? There is no information on this on their website, and a message pops up while choosing no eligibility currently on the app form, stating that without the right to work you dont qualify for the TC?

norothrow324

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
Does anyone know if Pinsent Masons sponsors visa for the direct TC this year? There is no information on this on their website, and a message pops up while choosing no eligibility currently on the app form, stating that without the right to work you dont qualify for the TC?
I would suppose then that means they don’t sponsor? Was trying to find on their website as well but couldn’t find

amrita6399

Valued Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 13, 2023
    @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre

I wanted your opinions on the correct approach to commercial awareness questions in the application form. Most of them ask for a commercial news or article that was interesting.

I wanted to know if it needs to be aligned with the core practice areas of the firm or it can be any commercial aspect that truly interested me?

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre

I wanted your opinions on the correct approach to commercial awareness questions in the application form. Most of them ask for a commercial news or article that was interesting.

I wanted to know if it needs to be aligned with the core practice areas of the firm or it can be any commercial aspect that truly interested me?
    I personally think that it can be whatever you want as long as it is interesting to a commercial setting and you can find some links to the legal sector. It does not have to be directly correlated to the core practice areas of the firm you are applying to. However, it depends on you. If you want to talk about something that relates to the practice areas of the firm, then go ahead (especially if you feel like you do not have a specific interest and you find everything interesting). However, you need to remember that you might be asked questions about what you write so I always would advise to write about something you are interested.

Reactions: amrita6399

legalgrinch

Distinguished Member
  • Nov 30, 2023
    I haven’t applied to CC this cycle - but good luck everyone who has!
    Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.