TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Pal22

Jul 9, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have secured a TC :)

Currently choosing my seats. Certain I want to do IP Tech and Disputes. Choosing between Corporate Finance, M&A, Financial Services Regulatory and Competition, Trade and Foreign Investment. I want to do Corporate Finance, but was wondering if I choose that, would I be able to become an M&A lawyer in the future if a firm had a wide corporate department that one could laterally move in? Also wondering whether my choices seem well rounded?

hugekline

Standard Member
Nov 24, 2023
Hi everyone,

I have secured a TC :)

Currently choosing my seats. Certain I want to do IP Tech and Disputes. Choosing between Corporate Finance, M&A, Financial Services Regulatory and Competition, Trade and Foreign Investment. I want to do Corporate Finance, but was wondering if I choose that, would I be able to become an M&A lawyer in the future if a firm had a wide corporate department that one could laterally move in? Also wondering whether my choices seem well rounded?

Hey, are you already being asked to choose seats having accepted this round or are you just thinking ahead?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.