TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

mandamasochist

Standard Member
Jan 15, 2023
Anyone still not heard from HL for a direct TC application (deadline 31st July)? Saw something in here saying they’d get back by the end of September but that hasn’t happened. Any advice would also be appreciated!

annakat

Feb 23, 2022
Does anyone know if A&O recruit on a rolling basis?
Is A&O direct TC rolling ?
Nope, it's non-rolling. Found this on the application page for the direct TC route:
"Please be advised that we do not recruit on a rolling basis. All applications will be reviewed after the deadline and you should expect to hear from us in the week commencing the 4th December 2023."

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
Nope, it's non-rolling. Found this on the application page for the direct TC route:
"Please be advised that we do not recruit on a rolling basis. All applications will be reviewed after the deadline and you should expect to hear from us in the week commencing the 4th December 2023."
Brilliant, thank u very much!

Reactions: annakat

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Anyone still not heard from HL for a direct TC application (deadline 31st July)? Saw something in here saying they’d get back by the end of September but that hasn’t happened. Any advice would also be appreciated!
sorry cos this is unrelated but how many direct TC windows do HL have? they also opened one in September. Am i missing something here?

helga_p

Sep 11, 2023
Hey! I just wanted to post a quick message reassuring those of you applying for TCs this cycle that you can certainly achieve your goal. I also wanted to offer some assistance. I achieved BCC at A-Level, attended a non-Russell group university and graduated with a 2:1. I applied for TCs in my first and third years and received zero offers. I then began the LPC LLM and have just secured a TC at Osborne Clarke. I went from zero offers to being able to pass multiple stages of assessment and secure a TC at a top firm by learning everything I possibly could about the process.

If anyone is looking to apply to OC or wants help with vac scheme / TC applications more generally, please just send me a message. It took me a lot of time, research and conversations to learn how to pass all of the stages successfully, so if you think I may be able to help just let me know.
Hello! I would lime to know more about applying to OC! Did go through vac scheme or applied directly? And what would your tips and comments be on the process? Thank you and congratulations on securing a TC!

17natb

Oct 3, 2023
I received a rejection for the Slaughters direct TC app last week but see there's still a Winter Workshop application... However it also mentions on the FAQ that they can only accept one application at a time. Given that my TC app was rejected and is now closed, does anyone know if they'd be able to consider a Winter Workshop app since technically I don't have any outstanding apps to them?

Kinda feeling dejected considering I have a lot of professional ties to the firm but can't seem to get past HR...

• 🤝
Reactions: axelbeugre and Marissa

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.