TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Shreya Verma

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2023
Thank you so much. I hope it does!!!
It seems to me that since you have your own business this is exactly what could be able to answer the question and show your entrepreneurial mindset. Although showing strong innovative or entrepreneurial spirit is not only building a business, if you do have a business on the side like you, it perfectly shows these values and it is impressive indeed.

The way I would structure the answer is by showing how you came up with the idea in the first place, how you approached the strategy stage of your idea and finally how you used innovative thinking to build something different in your business which also differentiates you and your business from the competitors in the market (if any).

I would also link these innovative thinking skills developed through building your own business with becoming a successful lawyer at the firm since you will be able to display this skillset and make the most of it in the role (this could be one sentence only at the end of the answer).

Good luck with the application and congratulations for building your own business, this is super impressive and I am sure it will impress the graduate recruitment too!

Reactions: axelbeugre

aniraz

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 14, 2022
    Congrats! What slots did they have for the AC? Also, how was the interview?
    Thank you! When I booked today, I saw 9th February and 5th March. They did say that they regularly add more slots though.

For the interview, they ask the same 7 questions to everyone and make notes on what you say so don't worry if they seem like they aren't reacting much. It's motivational and competency questions, I didn't get any commercial awareness questions but I tried to bring it into some of my answers because I didn't know whether it would be part of the marking criteria. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: norothrow324

norothrow324

Legendary Member
    Apr 11, 2023
    Does links operate on a pass fail on the WG? I did well on the capp test but not too well on the WG, found it particularly hard and asked for my score and definitely have had better.

Ie is a low score on WG an automatic rejection?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.