TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 23, 2023
Last year I applied to Freshfields and my personal statement was filled with grammatical errors and inconsistencies. I didn’t have as much experience as I have now. Despite this I received the WG invitation.

This year my personal statement is way better and without any errors. I also gained more a lot of work experience. Despite this, I didn’t receive the WG.

Genuinely would love to know how everything works behind the scenes..

legally.brown

Legendary Member
  • Sep 27, 2021
    Last year I applied to Freshfields and my personal statement was filled with grammatical errors and inconsistencies. I didn’t have as much experience as I have now. Despite this I received the WG invitation.

This year my personal statement is way better and without any errors. I also gained more a lot of work experience. Despite this, I didn’t receive the WG.

Genuinely would love to know how everything works behind the scenes..
    People have said that they send it in batches? Maybe that could be why.
    Maybe applications are divided between grad rec members and some people work through it quicker compared to the rest.

I am not sure. I am trying to be positive as well!

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 23, 2023
    People have said that they send it in batches? Maybe that could be why.
    Maybe applications are divided between grad rec members and some people work through it quicker compared to the rest.

I am not sure. I am trying to be positive as well!
    Last year it was only one batch on 15 February if i remember correctly. But yeah, trying to stay positive

legally.brown

Legendary Member
  • Sep 27, 2021
    Last year it was only one batch on 15 February if i remember correctly. But yeah, trying to stay positive
    It should also be noted that not everyone are on TCLA and post on here. Maybe they did send two batches?

Someone here said that they went to a GROW event and Freshfields mentioned they send it in batches! This year for vac scheme there were two batches. Loads of people got it on Jan 5th and some got it on 9th. So you never know.

Also, Freshfields doesn’t allow third years/graduates to apply for their vac scheme. This could mean more applications for Direct TC - so they could take more time.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.