TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

charlotte126

Standard Member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2024
Got the automatic Hogan Lovells WG yesterday, applied on deadline day. Got an invite to Fieldfisher online assesment today, also applied on deadline. Nothing from Harbottle and Lewis, applied on deadline (no surprises here). Someone on here said they got an interview invite for H&L on Sunday but I've not had a response yet.

Completed Freshfields WG last week, was tricky so no idea how I did. Got a very slow PFO from Slaughter and May. Still nothing from CMS, I'm assuming that is a PFO now.

km_bntn

Oct 31, 2023
Hi, does anyone know if Howard Kennedy offers visa sponsorship for international applicants? I can't find any information on it at all and any information concerning of this would be immensely helpful. Thanks :)

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
'Tell us about something - anything - that excites and inspires you.'

@Jessica Booker @axelbeugre
Does this literally mean I can talk about anything or should I link this back to the firm/law in some way?
Also, if I can talk about anything, should I pick something that is 'academic'? For example, I've seen people on this forum talk about history etc whilst I'd rather talk about music/sports.

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023

Does this literally mean I can talk about anything or should I link this back to the firm/law in some way?
Also, if I can talk about anything, should I pick something that is 'academic'? For example, I've seen people on this forum talk about history etc whilst I'd rather talk about music/sports.
You can talk about anything you want and it does not have to relate to law firms or the legal sector at all. Choose something you are interested in and are passionate about. I know someone that talked about Taylor Swift and the firm loved it so everything is fine! If you are passionate about it even better as you will be excited to talk about it.

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
You can talk about anything you want and it does not have to relate to law firms or the legal sector at all. Choose something you are interested in and are passionate about. I know someone that talked about Taylor Swift and the firm loved it so everything is fine! If you are passionate about it even better as you will be excited to talk about it.
Thank you so much :)

Reactions: axelbeugre

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

I completely agree with @axelbeugre ’s response.

It doesn’t have to be legal and it doesn’t have to be academic. Just pick something that truly meets the “excites and inspires” criteria.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.