TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker

Hi Jess,

I have seen that BDB Pitmans open their direct TC's in April and they close in early July 2024, does the firm recruit primarily through VS or would you describe the direct intake as healthy also?

Thank you!
Not primarily through VS - the firm has made a number of hires through to direct TC process for 2025.

Njaliwe Ungwe

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 15, 2020
For anyone fretting, I emailed Freshfields querying when those who have taken WG tests, last week, will hear back. To which they have responded saying we will hear back with an update by the end of next week.
I guess we can rest assured that it’s not a definite PFO then. I assume that they would have just sent out the PFO emails this week if that was the case

Studyinglaw

Star Member
  • Sep 14, 2022
    just got an email from bristows post-vi saying they have progressed my app to a round of screening by partners to decide who gets picked for first round interview. not sure whether to take this as a mini win especially after a reed smith pfo earlier? kinda scary 👀
    I got the same, I thought it might be their way of saying they're still screening VIs in response to many people asking about the status of their application rather than a 'progress'. Not sure?

missingh

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 14, 2022
    I got the same, I thought it might be their way of saying they're still screening VIs in response to many people asking about the status of their application rather than a 'progress'. Not sure?
    i remember from speaking to a trainee that it is actually the partners that watch the video interviews and then pick who they want to interview! but yeah im not sure if we like passed the grad rec screening first? hmm

SoNash

Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Nov 30, 2021
    i remember from speaking to a trainee that it is actually the partners that watch the video interviews and then pick who they want to interview! but yeah im not sure if we like passed the grad rec screening first? hmm
    Yeah I got the same thing and at the IP workshop, they said they view video interviews in two stages, grad rec then partners so I guess we passed ?😭

Wannabe_Lawyer

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 22, 2018
    Just working on my King & Spalding app, and question C asks to 'describe a current news story which is of interest to you and why'. Looks like the sentence has been cut off...does anyone know if we're supposed to relate this back to K&S?

PFO King

Feb 2, 2024
    just got an email from bristows post-vi saying they have progressed my app to a round of screening by partners to decide who gets picked for first round interview. not sure whether to take this as a mini win especially after a reed smith pfo earlier? kinda scary 👀
    Take it as a win, from what I understand youve passed the first stage of vi screening because I know people who didnt pass the screening were informed earlier last week.

Reactions: missingh

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Just working on my King & Spalding app, and question C asks to 'describe a current news story which is of interest to you and why'. Looks like the sentence has been cut off...does anyone know if we're supposed to relate this back to K&S?
    I don’t think it has been cut off - sometimes they want to find out about your interest rather than how you think it aligns with the firm.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.