TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Victor87

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hey guys, do you think it's wise to ask HL for WG scores now even though I haven't heard back from them since I took the test (last Monday)? I don't want to seem impatient but I'd like to know how I did for future planning purposes.

legally.brown

Legendary Member
  • Sep 27, 2021
    Just read my Freshfields app (cuz usually in a weird way it calms my anxiety).
    I saw three typos where I have used US spellings 😭😭😭😭 I just wanted to go bury myself.

In general, I thought I did a good job w the app🥹 rejecting myself now

Last edited:
    • Wow
    Reactions: legalgrinch

zdzd

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 30, 2022
    Just read my Freshfields app (cuz usually in a weird it calms my anxiety).
    I saw three typos where I have used US spellings 😭😭😭😭 I just wanted to go bury myself.

In general, I thought I did a good job w the app🥹 rejecting myself now
    Dw it shouldn’t be that big of a deal! Jess has mentioned loads of times that it wasn’t uncommon to see applications with some minor spelling errors similar to that, and in fact, the majority of applicants who were progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process had a few errors in their application regardless, so you shouldn’t write yourself off for that.

AspiringLawyerLiz

Standard Member
    Feb 12, 2024
    Hey guys - new to this forum and I wanted help as to how I can approach this Baker McKenzie direct TC question:
    "Choose one of our clients and explain a challenge they are currently facing. What could the organization do to overcome this challenge and how could we assist? (400 words)"

Shreya Verma

Valued Member
    Sep 4, 2023
    Hey guys - new to this forum and I wanted help as to how I can approach this Baker McKenzie direct TC question:
    "Choose one of our clients and explain a challenge they are currently facing. What could the organization do to overcome this challenge and how could we assist? (400 words)"
    This is a classic commercial awareness question. I was following up on a news story since a couple of months which fortunately involved one of BM's clients. So, I'll highlight those issues. As far as the other part is concerned, I'd suggest to research a bit as to how the client would navigate the situation with BM's assistance. You can also read up on the department wise articles and legal insights published on BM's website. Just check for clients on the website or other sites, start from there and you'll be fine.

ADKM

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 2, 2022
    Those who did the HL WG, how did you find it? I bombed that test, just guessed the last five answers without even reading the question because of the time limit lol

Szofi66

Star Member
    Oct 22, 2023
    Those who did the HL WG, how did you find it? I bombed that test, just guessed the last five answers without even reading the question because of the time limit lol
    I found it quite easy, HL and CC are definitely the easier ones. I felt like i had seen half of the questions already.

But dont worry about it, you can still achieve a good score, sometimes guessing works

Shreya Verma

Valued Member
    Sep 4, 2023
    I found it easier compared to cc. Also, I felt that a lot of questions were from cc wg.
    Could I use a current deal that the firm is working on but has not been entirely completed, hence it would still be an issue affecting one of the firm’s clients?
    I don't find any problem with that🤔

Reactions: xxkeurfijnse

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.