TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 23, 2023
Might not be or maybe.
Either ways it’s not a pfo until you get that email. Up until then everything is just speculation.

They did mention they will send more batches so let’s have hope.
bae thought GIF

Solicitorinthemaking

Star Member
Premium Member
Dec 9, 2023
Lol same. Genuinely didn’t think my app was so bad that it didn’t warrant an invite. But let’s have hope and if it’s a PFO we move 🤝🏻🫂
I changed one of my answers of the WG and I felt nervous while doing it. Detrimental move 😩 🫂🫂 but I’m really trying to stay positive. I’m so grateful for this forum. It helps me massively!

• 🏆
  • 🤝
Reactions: Sharon Wu and Ali A

missingh

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2022
idk if anyone was in the same situation but figured i'd post this in case anyone was but i did my test for fieldfisher back in dec and haven't heard back (Direct TC london). i emailed asking if there's an update (i never do this tbh!) and they said i still have to do my test and so they sent me the link again which didn't work as ofc i had already done it back in december and just now i got the email saying they will review my app form and test scores.

if anyone was in the same boat as me (i.e. crickets since test a while ago) i'd recommend reaching out as i don't think they received my test back when i did it! a little frustrating as ik it was rolling so i made an effort to apply early so i suspect this will affect my chances of progressing :( oh well these things happen sometimes!

Niall

Jan 30, 2024
idk if anyone was in the same situation but figured i'd post this in case anyone was but i did my test for fieldfisher back in dec and haven't heard back (Direct TC london). i emailed asking if there's an update (i never do this tbh!) and they said i still have to do my test and so they sent me the link again which didn't work as ofc i had already done it back in december and just now i got the email saying they will review my app form and test scores.

if anyone was in the same boat as me (i.e. crickets since test a while ago) i'd recommend reaching out as i don't think they received my test back when i did it! a little frustrating as ik it was rolling so i made an effort to apply early so i suspect this will affect my chances of progressing :( oh well these things happen sometimes!
I did the same this morning - it’s been 14 days since I got the acknowledgment of my test scores so I emailed to ask what the status of direct TC applicants is as I understand the DAS program has already progressed to offers.

Reactions: missingh

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    So this is my take on Freshfields

They said that they holistically look at both the candidates application and watson glaser performance, when deciding whether to progress them to an AC.

A batch of us received a WG invite on 29/01, a further batch of WG invites alongside AC invites were sent out last Friday (09/02).

GR said that people would find out the outcome by the end of the week. I don't necessarily think this means mass PFOs for those that have done WG, or for those that have not been invited to do WG yet. The firm is just filling spots with the top scoring as they go through (that's my bet anyway).

I suspect a couple more batches of WG invites will be sent out and more will be invited to AC. But, that's just my take/hope!

legally.brown

Legendary Member
  • Sep 27, 2021
    Good points but I don’t think anyone received a WG invite last week. No one has mentioned it and just because the sheer of scale of Freshfields, it’s unlikely no one on this forum has received one, unless you know someone in person. I think there’s just 2 batches (similar to summer 2023 from my research - both nearly 3 weeks apart too).
    One person did! I think it was @zeyad214

HB2024

Jan 16, 2024
    Hi All, does anyone have any experience with statements in support?

I'm working on a couple of applications - one wants: "Please write a short statement in support of your application.". The other asks for a "Personal Summary: use it to tell us a little more about yourself.". For both, there are no further questions; this statement/summary is the extent of the application.

I'm wondering if I should treat these as Cover Letters? Are they asking the same thing of me content wise?

Thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.