TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hope this isn't a silly question, but does anyone know if Freshfields will invite everyone who passes their WG benchmark to an AC? Or will they only allow those with the best/highest WG scores to AC? Starting to think I'm out of the running, but trying to stay hopeful :)
What I know is that they do not invite everyone that passes as majority of people do pass, but they take into consideration many factors as far as I am aware.

• ℹ️
Reactions: AS89

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hope this isn't a silly question, but does anyone know if Freshfields will invite everyone who passes their WG benchmark to an AC? Or will they only allow those with the best/highest WG scores to AC? Starting to think I'm out of the running, but trying to stay hopeful :)
I suspect it will be on the basis of the WG score and your application, but not everyone will be invited.

Reactions: AS89

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker For BM's application they ask about 3 skills and examples of how you built them. They also have a competency interview which as far as I can find, is not CV blind. Is it fair to expect that I will repeat some of the examples used in my application form? Given that I will have used my three best experiences in the app.
It is fine to repeat some answers from an application form at interview. However, you will often find the questions are slightly different at interview and therefore your examples used in an application may not best suit the answers needed for the interview. Your best examples always need to be the best that fit the individual question rather than what you think are the most overall impressive experiences you have had.

Reactions: Apple

ww_yerim

Standard Member
Jul 10, 2022
Congratulations!!!!

Hey, congratulations! What percentile did you rank in the Watson Glaser test? I ranked in the 75th percentile and still got rejected :/
Thank you both!

I'm not sure what percentile I fell in. I'll probably tempt myself into asking at some point between now and the AC, but don't have the score on hand sadly

Reactions: axelbeugre

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Hey, congratulations! What percentile did you rank in the Watson Glaser test? I ranked in the 75th percentile and still got rejected :/
I got in the 80th percentile last year and also got rejected so I feel like they must have a very high benchmark (but it could be the application since they review that alongside)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I got in the 80th percentile last year and also got rejected so I feel like they must have a very high benchmark (but it could be the application since they review that alongside)
This is highly unlikely - it is much more likely they are factoring something else apart from the test into account when selecting people.

Cynthia14

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    This is highly unlikely - it is much more likely they are factoring something else apart from the test into account when selecting people.
    This makes me confused, because a lot of firms said they invite the candidates to the test if they pass the application form. If the candidates has already pass the application stages, so is seems like the only factor is WG's score. Does it means they will consider the WG score with application form together?

Percypig12

Valued Member
    Oct 19, 2021
    This makes me confused, because a lot of firms said they invite the candidates to the test if they pass the application form. If the candidates has already pass the application stages, so is seems like the only factor is WG's score. Does it means they will consider the WG score with application form together?
    The WG acknowledgement email from FF confirms that they review the WG and application together

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.