TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

psr23

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2020
Im really confused - I applied for the Hogan Lovells winter vac scheme, submitted on 20th oct and did the WG test i think a few days later, but got no confirmation after that. My vantage portal status states "submitted" and next to it the deadline is 2/12/2021. Anyone experiencing the same thing??
I didn't even get round to submitting my winter vs app and the portal is still letting me log in and submit it and says the deadline is now 2/12/21... not sure what is happening

thewaythecookiecrumbles

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 14, 2021
Im really confused - I applied for the Hogan Lovells winter vac scheme, submitted on 20th oct and did the WG test i think a few days later, but got no confirmation after that. My vantage portal status states "submitted" and next to it the deadline is 2/12/2021. Anyone experiencing the same thing??
Re HL I'm just going to submit my app today and hope for the best 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: psr23

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Sounds like HL may have extended the deadline. It isn’t unknown for firms to do this if they haven’t had the quality or volume of applications they would like.

It is a strange time in graduate recruitment. Organisations are actually reporting a drop in application numbers - people are confident about the job market, and many people are choosing to prioritise their studies/mental health than go through the slog of application season.

ZaraB

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 13, 2020
Is anyone else still waiting for HSF Winter? I did email to ask regarding timelines but they said they aim right get back to applicants soon

Phoenix for all

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 13, 2020
    Sounds like HL may have extended the deadline. It isn’t unknown for firms to do this if they haven’t had the quality or volume of applications they would like.

It is a strange time in graduate recruitment. Organisations are actually reporting a drop in application numbers - people are confident about the job market, and many people are choosing to prioritise their studies/mental health than go through the slog of application season.
    Given it’s winter scheme in December, I wonder how they can manage a December deadline? Unless they decided to move the scheme to Spring?

Reactions: bibss

xxangelxx

Standard Member
    Oct 1, 2021
    Is it for a different scheme?

It doesn't really mean much difference then to be honest - interviews are fairly standardised no matter who is conducting them - it just is less likely there will be more technical questions with someone from HR. If you are happy to disclose the firm, we might be able t give more guidance on the specifics of what to expect.
    aww thanks!! its stephenson harwood

lawful_neutral216

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 5, 2020
    For anyone who applied to EY Legal, I applied and did the SJT test on 28th and just logged in and its telling me to do the verbal assessment :) I got no email so recommend you all log in and have a look :)
    Thank you for letting us know! I didn't receive an email too but logged in and found out :)

• 🏆
    Reactions: OB

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    Hi everyone so Osborne Clarke’s VS app has ‘Please describe a current business issue or opportunity for organisations operating within one of our sectors’ - now I would like to talk about ESG investing/have a good topic and answer. However, OC also have another question on the app saying “please outline why you want to work at OC - how have you developed your interest in commercial law through experience’ - in this answer I have mentioned my interest in energy and my desire to further this at OC as Energy is one of their core sectors.
    Are these answers too similar? Should I pick a different news story to go with?
    It will not be the same answer/will present different points, but it is reiterating my interest in the energy sector. Is this too focussed/ not showing my ability to be interested in multiple sectors? Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.