TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitty_kat

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 10, 2020
Hi! Does anyone have any tips on Latham & Watkin's video interview? Please pm me/post it here on the thread - would really, really appreciate it! In particular, does anyone know how much time I have to answer each question? Thank youu! :)

• 🏆
Reactions: GK8997 and AW_08

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
Hii! How long after submitting the Linklaters application do you get the Capp assessment link? Also, how many days do you get to complete it?
There are no links for the Capp assessment. The moment you submit the application, you can go back to your portal and complete it straight away.
And I’m pretty sure you have 5 days to complete it

Reactions: Kareena

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
So I’ve done my HSF test and thankfully took a screenshot of my confirmation because I’ve now got an email saying my application has been binned because they haven’t got my test results. I’ve sent them an email but does anyone have a contact number for them?

PS: also has this happened to anyone before?

Hello @Veep9,

I know that this has been touched on by another user- but do not panic. Graduate Recruitment get this a lot from what I have heard, and they were always lovely when I contacted them about it. HSF's GR team (from experience) are really great people (and are very friendly) so do not panic! I would personally just wait to hear back from them via email.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi guys.

After a tremendously long journey, I finally secured a vac scheme at a top American law firm!

My question is, since many schemes overlap, how normal is it to ask for deferring a winter vac scheme offer to the spring?

Most winter schemes overlap, so that is why I am wondering. I also don't wanna ask this question unnecessarily to risk being 'disinterested'.

Any tips are warmly welcomed

Hi @Scandi,

Firstly, I want to say a huge congratulations 🙌 . If there are any questions that come up for you between now and your VS, please do ask. We are here to support you.

Secondly, your question about deferral is very normal. I know @Jessica Booker touched on this already for you, but it is entirely fair enough for you to ask. Graduate Recruitment will have been asked before (and they will understand that some candidates have other scheme offers!).

I just did the White & Case VI and my last 3 words were cut off by the timer in one of the answers. Is this fatal lol

@RS31,

Again, I know that @Jessica Booker touched on this, but I wanted to say that I empathise! I had this issue with a VI (and got through). It will not mean that you are automatically rejected speaking from experience :).

Hi! I got invited to a Linklaters AC yesterday! Any tips would be extremely useful.

Hi @Ziaskia,

As with my congratulations for @Scandi above, I really want to emphasise that this is a huge achievement. Take stock of the fact that you have made it this far and that the firm sees something in you (on paper at least!).

I am going to tag @James Carrabino and @AvniD, as I do not have experience of the Links AC personally (and they might). Alternatively, we can definitely try to advise you on ACs in general. What have you been told to expect so far?

Looking forward to hearing your reply soon! :)

Reactions: Ziaskia

AlRJ

Esteemed Member
Jun 23, 2019
Hi all

I just found out I was invite to an open day next week, but the email went to my junk mail and I have only just seen the message. The deadline to confirm my attendance was also yesterday at noon. Does anyone know how best to approach grad rec as I'll be gutted to miss out.

Thanks!

kitty_kat

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 10, 2020
Hi! this may be a dumb question, but what does: 'The deadline for this interview is 9 November 2021 (GMT+00:00)' mean? Is the deadline 9 November 2021 23:59? I received a prior email saying that the deadline is 9 November 23:59. Just to confirm it isn't 8 November 23:59. thanks! :)

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Hi all

I just found out I was invite to an open day next week, but the email went to my junk mail and I have only just seen the message. The deadline to confirm my attendance was also yesterday at noon. Does anyone know how best to approach grad rec as I'll be gutted to miss out.

Thanks!
    Hey, I would just be honest and say exactly what happened. They probably won't get to it until Monday but I think people generally understand that these things happen.

Reactions: George Maxwell

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all

Thanks!
    Just call them first thing on Monday morning to see if there is any chance you can still be considered.

Reactions: George Maxwell

thewaythecookiecrumbles

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 14, 2021
    Hi! this may be a dumb question, but what does: 'The deadline for this interview is 9 November 2021 (GMT+00:00)' mean? Is the deadline 9 November 2021 23:59? I received a prior email saying that the deadline is 9 November 23:59. Just to confirm it isn't 8 November 23:59. thanks! :)
    I think that means until end of day on the 9th.

Reactions: kitty_kat
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.