TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Does anyone know if DLA Piper provides you your Watson Glaser test result?
I do not know, but I sent them an email requesting my WG results because I need to know what I am doing wrong.
I am going to send my request 3 times, if they do not answer then I am going to send a freedom of information request. How am I supposed to improve if I do not know my mistakes?

• 🤝
Reactions: M777, Hamilton and CC03

CC03

Valued Member
Nov 24, 2021
I do not know, but I send them an email requesting my WG results because I need to know what I am doing wrong.
I am going to send my request 3 times, if they do not answer then I am going to send a freedom of information request. How am I supposed to improve if I do not know my mistakes?
Tell me about it! I just sent them an email, I will let you know if they respond back. Maybe you can contact - [email protected]

She’s the GR manager I believe. Hope that helps :)

Reactions: S87

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
I do not know, but I sent them an email requesting my WG results because I need to know what I am doing wrong.
This is the issue with a test like the Watson Glaser - it's impossible to know with 100% certainty which exact questions you're getting right and wrong - to protect the integrity of the test.

I've found that my score only improved after having subscribed for paid WG resources which tell you exactly where you're going wrong with a detailed answer key. Nevertheless, there are a few free tests online that actually give you an answer key explanation for where you're going wrong!

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
This is the issue with a test like the Watson Glaser - it's impossible to know with 100% certainty which exact questions you're getting right and wrong - to protect the integrity of the test.

I've found that my score only improved after having subscribed for paid WG resources which tell you exactly where you're going wrong with a detailed answer key. Nevertheless, there are a few free tests online that actually give you an answer key explanation for where you're going wrong!
Hi Daniel,

I get your point and I am more or less aware of what sections need more work. My results are not bad but I get nervous when I have to perform the actual live test. However, I find discouraging to not know what I am doing wrong in that particular circumstance.

Reactions: djqb

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Hi Daniel,

I get your point and I am more or less aware of what sections need more work. My results are not bad but I get nervous when I have to perform the actual live test. However, I find discouraging to not know what I am doing wrong in that particular circumstance.
Completely agree and empathise - have been in the same position!

• Love
Reactions: S87

raz

Nov 29, 2021
Hi! I'm new to this forum and very glad it exists :)

Background: Biology graduate based in London looking to become a patent/IP attorney (need anymore info, let me know!)

I wanted to get some guidance from those who can provide some.

I recently applied for the Bristows STEM IP Workshop and received an email today to let me know that I have not been successful to attend. I thought it went okay. I was a bit nervous and just am generally, but prepared my answers for each question and thought I did well at answering each one, although for two of the questions I was quite brief.

Has anyone applied for a Bristows workshop this year and able to offer some tips on what they did to get through and what they may not have done well to get them through?

Also, does this mean I am automatically disqualified from applying for their TC as I would be noted on their system as having failed getting through to the workshop?

Also, anyone know of any other IP law firms based in London?

Any help and guidance would be really helpful!

Thanks!

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi! I'm new to this forum and very glad it exists :)

Background: Biology graduate based in London looking to become a patent/IP attorney (need anymore info, let me know!)

I wanted to get some guidance from those who can provide some.

I recently applied for the Bristows STEM IP Workshop and received an email today to let me know that I have not been successful to attend. I thought it went okay. I was a bit nervous and just am generally, but prepared my answers for each question and thought I did well at answering each one, although for two of the questions I was quite brief.

Has anyone applied for a Bristows workshop this year and able to offer some tips on what they did to get through and what they may not have done well to get them through?

Also, does this mean I am automatically disqualified from applying for their TC as I would be noted on their system as having failed getting through to the workshop?

Also, anyone know of any other IP law firms based in London?

Any help and guidance would be really helpful!

Thanks!
    You could look at firms such as Kilburn & Strode who do patent/trade mark attorney specific grad schemes!

Reactions: AvniD and raz

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    They won’t be able to provide you this detail even via a subject access request unfortunately. The firm will only have access to your test scores, not which questions you got right/wrong.

You can try the test provider, but I think they would only send you your test report.

GOI983

Esteemed Member
    Sep 15, 2021
    Hi guys,

Does anyone who has passed the Simmons verbal and logical tests, as well as the written exercise and video interview which includes: motivational, situational, and competency questions have any key tips/advice for me when taking it within the next 7 days?

Also, you do not have to do both the VI and written exercise with the ability tests (i.e. verbal/logical reasoning) in one go right?

Responses would be helpful!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.