TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Mar 2, 2020
Just completed the Mayer Brown JS. For all those who got the invite, it’s essentially a VI, written assessment & SJT rolled into one. That’s unfortunately as much info as I can give in order to preserve the integrity of the assessment and all, but preparing as you would for those individually will prepare you for it.
Was the VI strictly scenario-based questions? That’s the impression I got from the email but just wanted to check

anon123456789

Valued Member
  • Oct 25, 2021
    Do you get an explicit email from HSF saying you reached the benchmark? I completed the test yesterday as I submitted my app on the deadline and have just received an email that my app is under review. Does this mean I met the benchmark? literally sat here refreshing my emails every 10 seconds after these tests 🤣

Reactions: John Travoni

Cantab_95

Legendary Member
    Sep 19, 2019
    is this a standard rejection email - did anyone else get this for the WS? Look like a reserve list email maybe

Thank you for your application to Stephenson Harwood. I am writing to give you an update on your application.

As you may be aware competition for places has been very strong. With this in mind, we will not be proceeding with your application for our winter scheme but would still like to consider you for our spring and summer placement schemes and for a training contract in due course.

If you no longer wish to be considered for a placement scheme or training contract please do let me know. Otherwise we will be in touch soon with the progress of your application.

Thank you for your continued patience. In the meantime, please do let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
    • 🤝
    Reactions: djqb

anon123456789

Valued Member
  • Oct 25, 2021
    Do you get an explicit email from HSF saying you reached the benchmark? I completed the test yesterday as I submitted my app on the deadline and have just received an email that my app is under review. Does this mean I met the benchmark? literally sat here refreshing my emails every 10 seconds after these tests 🤣
    Scrap that, just got another email saying I passed, I could cry😭 what a relief!

rose888

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 19, 2021
    I just got the same email and then two minutes later another one to say I had passed the test!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.