TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
I passed the WGT on 15 Oct so in the same boat but I think I'm correct in saying the deadline is midnight tonight so they should start reviewing after then? Also does anyone know if our WGT score is taken into account along with our application when progressing us to the AC?

WG is purely pass/fail. If you pass, they’ll read your app. It doesn’t matter what your score is (source: CC website).

• Wow
Reactions: xtinew

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Wait can anyone tell me about the CC application process? So if a candidate has a chance of being listed for an assessment day, it will show 'your profile is of interest' in the application portal?

Hey,

CC invite users after reviewing their application to the WGT. If they pass, users are then eligible to go onto the AC.

The "your profile is of interest" message is an email that some users received who submitted their application but weren't invited to the WGT. Essentially, CC is saying that the app is of interest to them and just to wait for a little while. (So not an outright rejection).

The application portal only gives info about when the app was last "updated". "Updated" could literally be anything though. There's no way to tell if you're being progressed, rejected, accepted, etc based on the application portal.

xtinew

Distinguished Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    WG is purely pass/fail. If you pass, they’ll read your app. It doesn’t matter what your score is (source: CC website).

That would be quite surprising! On the website CC says they won't look at any results from the practice trial link but does not mention anything about weighing the actual test results. I know other firms look at WGT results in conjunction with apps and grades but how each firm weighs those elements varies. No idea for CC!

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    Hey,

CC invite users after reviewing their application to the WGT. If they pass, users are then eligible to go onto the AC.

The "your profile is of interest" message is an email that some users received who submitted their application but weren't invited to the WGT. Essentially, CC is saying that the app is of interest to them and just to wait for a little while. (So not an outright rejection).

The application portal only gives info about when the app was last "updated". "Updated" could literally be anything though. There's no way to tell if you're being progressed, rejected, accepted, etc based on the application portal.
    Thank you for the information!

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    That would be quite surprising! On the website CC says they won't look at any results from the practice trial link but does not mention anything about weighing the actual test results. I know other firms look at WGT results in conjunction with apps and grades but how each firm weighs those elements varies. No idea for CC!
    This is what it says on the CC website:

If you have successfully completed the test before for a previous application, you will not be asked to complete it again if you are submitting a new application. Please note that we do not take the specific test score into account providing you have passed it, therefore there is no benefit in doing the test again if you have previously passed it.

• Love

Parsorandini

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 8, 2021
    This is what it says on the CC website:

If you have successfully completed the test before for a previous application, you will not be asked to complete it again if you are submitting a new application. Please note that we do not take the specific test score into account providing you have passed it, therefore there is no benefit in doing the test again if you have previously passed it.

Thanks, I missed that and you are right. Annoying because I smashed that test. :rolleyes:🤣

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.