TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know why on CVMail some answers to my application questions for Baker McKenzie were in a darker colour is it an indication of copy and paste from another application. Also, will the law firm see it like this also when they are reviewing my application.
Its probably just the firm's branding. Firms can often tailor the colour of these platforms to fit in with their corporate colours.

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Thoughts on using firm name abbreviations in apps, e.g. 'Latham' instead of 'Latham & Watkins'?
Agree with the above, but I'd add that if the firm refers to itself in abbreviation you can usually dispense with the long form entirely (e.g. Weil, Freshfields, Skadden). If you're considering an acronym (e.g. A&O, HSF, NRF) check to see if the firm uses it in marketing materials or the app form. If yes, it's fine, if not then I probably wouldn't - though I doubt it would be fatal to an otherwise good application.

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
Agree with the above, but I'd add that if the firm refers to itself in abbreviation you can usually dispense with the long form entirely (e.g. Weil, Freshfields, Skadden). If you're considering an acronym (e.g. A&O, HSF, NRF) check to see if the firm uses it in marketing materials or the app form. If yes, it's fine, if not then I probably wouldn't - though I doubt it would be fatal to an otherwise good application.
Very useful, thanks!

Reactions: GXA123

A92167!8

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 6, 2020
How did people input A Levels on the DLA Piper form? It only lets you put a single subject in each education section - did you put multiple educations in? And put N/A when it asked for % stuff ?

Also did you not put GCSEs in?

vacschemeapss

Valued Member
Jan 25, 2021
I hope everyone is enjoying the festive period!

I have just received my CMs VI invite and I wanted to ask those who have done it how they found it and what a good way to prepare would be.

Thank you!
Happy to help, feel free to DM. Generally, why cms, competencies such as leadership/teamwork/inspiring others are tested. Dont forget to smile and look into the camera. Make sure to practice a ton too!

manchunited

Distinguished Member
Feb 3, 2020
Does White & Case send out emails if you were rejected? I applied to the Winter VS and haven’t heard (I can assume it’s a rejection obviously), but was wondering if there is any chance they have missed my application?

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Does White & Case send out emails if you were rejected? I applied to the Winter VS and haven’t heard (I can assume it’s a rejection obviously), but was wondering if there is any chance they have missed my application?
They should do. Is the application for winter VS only or is it possible they've rolled you over for consideration for 2022 schemes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.