TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicebloom

Dec 27, 2020
So I chased my email yesterday and got a response in minutes confirming I passed the SJT and that my application is under review. But I've seen people on here who applied after me get progressed, but then a few have also been rejected - so not sure what to think really!
what is A&O's grad rec email? I emailed a month ago but never got a reply so am concerned I may have used the wrong one!

dangelataher

Oct 5, 2021
I'm just now applying to Simmons and there is only question - "Please give details of your interests and activities, positions of responsibility, skills and achievements. Please also include any other information relevant to your application. (250 words max)" - does this seem right? No other questions and no cover letter?

Reactions: mch16

George.E.

May 26, 2021
I'm just now applying to Simmons and there is only question - "Please give details of your interests and activities, positions of responsibility, skills and achievements. Please also include any other information relevant to your application. (250 words max)" - does this seem right? No other questions and no cover letter?
You're right, that's the only question (I was also surprised like you when I applied/ thought I was missing the other half of the application form somewhere!).

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Yes that's the only question :)

Reactions: S30

Mxkry

Legendary Member
    Oct 13, 2020

that's how it was for the summer vacation scheme, yes.

S30

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2019
    For anyone who has applied to DLA Piper is a cover letter needed? Someone said CV is just fine. But would like to get further insights! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.