TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defo agree. I think stronger candidates were offered the AC choices first, irrespective of whether they applied to the spring or summer scheme. I don’t want to read too deep into the holding e-mails either. I assume I’ve been PFOd - better to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Love the firm but if it doesn’t work out, it was good to get more VI experience for other firms :)
I might have to adopt this mindset... It's the hope wot kills ya!

Do you know of anyone who applied for the summer vacation scheme that has already received an AC invite?

A

AspiringIPLawyer

Hey @AspiringIPLawyer,

This post might be helpful for the AC! I had two scenario interviews and a competency interview (although the firm should email you ahead of the AC with more information). This may have changed though so take what I have said with a pinch of salt!

Let me know how it goes!

Awesome advice here @I.Like.UFOs.Not.PFOs!

Hey @CorporateLaw101,

Personally I always tried to use up the space. Having said that, it will make no difference if you are waffling just with the intention of using up space. If the choice is between waffling or having a shorter, more succinct answer (below the limit by 10-15%), definitely go with the latter!

Hope that helps 😊

Hey @pizzamalia,

Absolutely. I did this after all of my interviews. As was pointed out by another user, firms often provide this as part of the vacation scheme once you are on it!

Hey @Nicole15,

I know exactly what you mean about the lack of tangible, practical advice regarding steps to take ahead of an AC. This post might help. I tried to outline the practical steps that I took ahead of my interviews.

Let me know how it goes!

Hey @therealellewoods,

I did not interview with ML personally. However, I believe @James Carrabino interviewed with them! He might be able to provide some insight on this. 💪
Thanks for your response @George Maxwell ! I really appreciate it. I think I'll purchase the Commercial Law Handbook by Jake Schogger too to get an understanding of more commercial law terms as I come from a non-law, non-business academic background!

Thanks again and I will update you after the AC in February 😊

• 🤝
Reactions: George Maxwell

A.Diane01

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 1, 2021
    Addleshaw AC! First one ever! Omg I cannot believe it… wandering round the house in total shock, omg I actually am going to an AC!

Season 6 Reaction GIF by The Office

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Thanks for your response @George Maxwell ! I really appreciate it. I think I'll purchase the Commercial Law Handbook by Jake Schogger too to get an understanding of more commercial law terms as I come from a non-law, non-business academic background!

Thanks again and I will update you after the AC in February 😊
    Hey @AspiringIPLawyer,

It's great to hear that you found the post useful. I would definitely recommend Jake Schogger's book. Especially for an AC at HSF, where legal terms (in my experience) can be very useful (even as a non-law student), I think buying it would be a really good idea.

Please do let me know how it goes!

Also I am always on hand to help in any way I can.

If something comes up between now and February, don't hesitate to tag me. I would be delighted to give my thoughts 😇

• Love
    Reactions: AspiringIPLawyer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.