TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
Very interesting. I am torn between probably true and insufficient data. At first I am tempted to go for probably true because the mother said the daughter was fine with it. But we do not actually know the daughter's true interpretation of the incident, only what she told the mother. Therefore, I would go for insufficient data.
think it was probably true

Reactions: MizM

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student-careers/apply/application-timetable.html

As a deadline is given, it is non-rolling. Going into my third cycle applying for PwC and they always respond after the deadline :)
    That is what the website says "Please note, for most of our graduate and undergraduate programmes, we recruit on a rolling basis, which means when our roles open, they will fill up on a first come first served basis"

so they are rolling but some firms do not announce until the deadlines passes but they defiantly make decisions on rolling basis.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    That is what the website says "Please note, for most of our graduate and undergraduate programmes, we recruit on a rolling basis, which means when our roles open, they will fill up on a first come first served basis"

so they are rolling but some firms do not announce until the deadlines passes but they defiantly make decisions on rolling basis.
    Please read the link I sent, in particular the 'deadline driven recruitment' heading. If you click through the roles below it also shows which are rolling and which have deadlines. Legal has a deadline of 25th January. They will not respond before that.

Reactions: ZaraB

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Anyone know if there is a benchmark pass mark for the Linklaters WG test? Or if not, how do they use the WG test as part of their assessment of a candidate (considering it is untimed)?

@Jessica Booker
    Links is famously opaque on that front. Last year I scored 97th percentile or thereabouts on the WG but got a PFO (and heard similar stories on this forum), others were in the 50th-60th and got through. So WG seems to be assessed relative to CAPP performance and the general assumption is that CAPP is probably much more important (albeit also opaque).

Reactions: Dwight and OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Anyone know if there is a benchmark pass mark for the Linklaters WG test? Or if not, how do they use the WG test as part of their assessment of a candidate (considering it is untimed)?

@Jessica Booker
    Even if someone knows the benchmark, it means very little. You don't know the make up of the score, which means it is impossible go interpret what it means for you as an individual applicant.

An untimed assessment can still be used as a sole assessment. They could assess accuracy, they could negatively score you on getting the really wrong answers, they could still assess the amount of time it takes you to complete the test even if it is untimed.

I suspect it is a mixture of your WG score, Capp assessment and application that makes the decision.

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    What are the questions for BCLP Vac scheme?
    i can’t see it - they are using vantage so i have to fill up all my academics before i get to that stage :\
    They’re the same questions from last week. I can’t remember what they were exactly. One was about your reasons for applying, the other was reacting to a situation, and I can’t remember the other two.

Reactions: BeGrateful.101
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.