TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
Dec 7, 2020
Yes - sounds perfectly ok to use. My only advice would be to really try to focus on the innovation you implemented. I see a lot of these answers around adapting society activities online, and my only concern is that everyone had to do that - it wasn’t necessarily innovation just necessity. However, I have seen these examples work well when they really focus on the novel/unique aspects of how they adapted to online methods
Thanks! Out of interest, on the question entitled "Please detail below any further information that you would like us to consider when reviewing your application", would it be relevant for me to mention having completed Hogan Lovells' Forage scheme?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks! Out of interest, on the question entitled "Please detail below any further information that you would like us to consider when reviewing your application", would it be relevant for me to mention having completed Hogan Lovells' Forage scheme?
Yes - a good place for that kind of detail. You don't need to tell them what you did though - they know what it consists of, so just focus on 1 or 2 very brief points of what you took away from completing it.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know the C&C video interview questions pls? Thank you in advance
Please note that our policy on the forums is not to provide video interview questions on the forum.

People can talk about the general themes of the questions and also provide general advice on how to prepare, but we do not feel it is appropriate for the specific wording of questions to be provided.

Reactions: Jaysen and Dheepa

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Do we have all day to complete the C&C video assessment ? Or does it have to be compete by the time I received the email on Tuesday?
I'm gonna finish it in time for when I received it on tuesday - an absolute pain as I'll be squeezing it around work- but I think the system works on calendar days? rather than by hour?

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi guys - first application cycle & got a few open days in the coming months, do these actually make a difference when it comes to VS applications?
Yes absolutely, you get an opportunity to really know the firm beyond their pr statements, you can virtually look at their body language and understand if they are saying BS. You also have an opportunity to network with them and understand their work or training and make a stronger application.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Hi guys - first application cycle & got a few open days in the coming months, do these actually make a difference when it comes to VS applications?
    They’re a great way of showing that you have an interest in commercial law/the firm your applying to. But they also help you understand if this is the career for you, and talking to trainees/associates/partners at the events or doing workshops really improves your practical skills if you get to an assessment centre/interview! I’ve learned a lot from my experiences and they’ve definitely helped me write better applications :D also well done on getting them because they’re super competitive!!

Law2022

Legendary Member
    May 3, 2020
    I'm gonna finish it in time for when I received it on tuesday - an absolute pain as I'll be squeezing it around work- but I think the system works on calendar days? rather than by hour?
    I received it at 2:40 so I’ll have to complete it by then which is a pain like you said! So much to do and so unprepared :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.