TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Does anyone know if the commercial awareness part of Taylor Wessing AC is a written exercise or an oral exercise? I have been receiving mixed info and not sure if i should email grad rec
Just because it was oral or written for one person doesn’t mean it will be the same for yourself. TW ACs have been running for a little while and continue over the next few weeks so I wouldn’t be surprised if they had various different commercial exercises over that time to protect the integrity of the process. By all means email grad rec and ask but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t tell you as they don’t pre-release information and you are limited for how long you can prep during the AC.

aspiringlawyer123_

Legendary Member
Dec 11, 2021
Does anyone know if the commercial awareness part of Taylor Wessing AC is a written exercise or an oral exercise? I have been receiving mixed info and not sure if i should email grad rec
You get given a written brief and you read it/think about answers to questions and then interviewers come in and you present/give your answers to them etc

• 🤝
Reactions: George Maxwell

jungkook

Jul 27, 2021
You get given a written brief and you read it/think about answers to questions and then interviewers come in and you present/give your answers to them etc
Thank you, so it’s in an oral format for you right? that’s the impression I got as well. It would be strange if some are tested on their written skills and others are not, so I think it should be a uniform format. Although some people told me they remember it to be a written exercise.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
I know there’s nothing I can do right now but wait for the law firms to respond (whether it is a rejection or acceptance), but I still can’t help but constantly think about applications and just anxiously awaiting every email/call. How do I take my mind off it? It’s my first cycle and it’s been so stressful :’(

i sympathise - it absolutely is an emotional rollercoaster!

some ideas based on things i’ve done this week - go watch something absolutely terrifying or thigh-slapping funny; strenuous exercise always helps me get my mind off things (i can’t think of anything when i’m running long distances); spend time with people you care about and who may not mind if you decide to vent about your applications; eat taco bell!!

i’m sure others have better insight - we are here for you, friend!

Last edited:

M991

Distinguished Member
Mar 14, 2020
Hey! Very similar question haha but did you happen to hear back from Sidley post-interview, and if so how long did it take?

Thanks! :)
Hi! Yes, I did - my interview was on Monday (February 21), and I heard back on Tuesday (March 1) the following week. But I chased them a bit tbh (I emailed them on Friday (February 25) to ask when I can expect to receive feedback/hear back in regard to the outcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.