TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Diane01

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 1, 2021
    @Jessica Booker Hi, hope you're good. I have a quick question:

When making it to the next stage of an application, for example VI, does the firm take into account your application as a whole to offer AC/PFO eg. application form & VI or do they consider each part independently eg. disregard application form, focus entirely on VI?

Reactions: ISABE11A and Rob93

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020

When making it to the next stage of an application, for example VI, does the firm take into account your application as a whole to offer AC/PFO eg. application form & VI or do they consider each part independently eg. disregard application form, focus entirely on VI?
    Have been wondering this exact thing

Reactions: A.Diane01

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

There won’t be a set approach to this unfortunately. Some firms will review your application while watching your video interview, others won’t.

Sometimes if firms have too many candidates coming through to AC, they make make a cut based on information in your application after selecting you down post VI.

A.Diane01

Star Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 1, 2021
    There won’t be a set approach to this unfortunately. Some firms will review your application while watching your video interview, others won’t.

Sometimes if firms have too many candidates coming through to AC, they make make a cut based on information in your application after selecting you down post VI.
    Ah I see, that makes sense. Thanks very much!

Donuttime

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 17, 2021
    What do people say when they get into the interview room (zoom room) with the assessor. I always tend to say an awkward "Hi..." then trail off? or am I thinking way too much into this?

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    What do people say when they get into the interview room (zoom room) with the assessor. I always tend to say an awkward "Hi..." then trail off? or am I thinking way too much into this?
    “Hi, how are you?” That sort of polite chit chat - which in the uk usually tends towards commentary on the weather on that day - allows me to settle in, figure out if the volume is ok, where I should be looking, etc. It also reminds you that you’re able to connect on a human level, even if you’re nervous about comes next.

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021

“Hi, how are you?” That sort of polite chit chat - which in the uk usually tends towards commentary on the weather on that day - allows me to settle in, figure out if the volume is ok, where I should be looking, etc. It also reminds you that you’re able to connect on a human level, even if you’re nervous about comes next.
    I like “Hi! Great to meet you. How’s your day going so far?” It’s polite, enthusiastic, and gives your interviewer the chance to talk about something easy (how their day is going).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.