TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.Like.UFOs.Not.PFOs

Esteemed Member
Jan 6, 2021
Had my sullcrom interview yesterday - it was very informal and super friendly. It was basically having several normal conversations, so if anyone has it coming up, I wouldn’t stress too much- just be confident and go with the casual style. However, for both of my partner interviews (30minutes each), I probably only spoke for a total of 5-10minutes max since both of the partners had a lot of (interesting!) things to say, and I had to really work to get any comments in, so I’m not overly confident on what impression they have of me 😅😅😅

Arche172372

Distinguished Member
Jan 7, 2022
I’m
Hi @Arche172372,

I take it you got the scheme! That's amazing news. Congratulations! 🥂

What would you like to know?

I am happy to discuss this via PM if that is helpful and you would rather discuss specific firms etc.
hey, yes could we pm as I’ve had a vac scheme offer from a firm that doesn’t want it publicized until recruitment is over.
I mainly want to know about the culture and your general experience one the scheme. How many people do the scheme and is converting to a tc common?

Reactions: George Maxwell

LEL

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 22, 2020
what sort of questions do people tend to ask at end of interviews? are they specific to who is interviewing them or more generally about the firm?
It can be specific to the interviewer if you know something about their practice area e.g. for me, the partner was in a newly established practice area so I asked what it was like building the practice from scratch. But don't ask about their practice for the sake of it, and always be prepared to give your input if they ever turn the question round to you!

It can be about training - a question I often ask is what qualities they value in trainees.

It can be about the firm e.g. where do you see the firm in 5-10 years?

Common ones other people ask are what is your favourite thing about the firm, what motivates you to get up everyday and come to work at the firm?

Just a few ideas, hope it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.