TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelLouise22

Distinguished Member
Jan 30, 2021
my first year of applying and 2nd pfo for me (ag and eversheds both post application for london offices). literally peak putting all that effort into an application to not even get an interview. anyone got any tips on how to stay confident and motivated low-key so sad :((
My first cycle I didn’t make it past app stage once, I went away and really focused on improving my skills but it definitely took a lot of resilience. Just remember the competition is crazy, it can be around 1 in 50-100 make it to the next stage with popular firms. The market is oversaturated and there’s so many strong candidates, but with practice it is possible!

RachelLouise22

Distinguished Member
Jan 30, 2021
My first cycle I didn’t make it past app stage once, I went away and really focused on improving my skills but it definitely took a lot of resilience. Just remember the competition is crazy, it can be around 1 in 50-100 make it to the next stage with popular firms. The market is oversaturated and there’s so many strong candidates, but with practice it is possible!
Also my first cycle I didn’t make it past application for both of these firms, this cycle I’ve made AC for one and waiting on VI result for the other. You aren’t defined by your past results but the efforts you put in to improve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.