TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Had my Clifford chance AC and it was a car crash… not too sure where to go from here lol
Hi @HamiltonA,

Welcome to the forum! I am really sorry to hear about your experience at the AC. That's tough. You should take confidence from the fact that you were progressed to AC at a Magic Circle firm in the first place though(!).

If you have not yet heard back, all you really can do is wait at this point. If it helps, I know people who thought their interviews were a car crash and they were offered the VS/TC, so often it is quite difficult to tell.

I am still making my way through the thread, so it is possible you have already heard back. If you have, please do let me know, as I would be delighted to help if I can 🚀

Sfernan21

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 26, 2021
I had my Stephenson Harwood written task on Monday [final stage] and not heard anything yet. What are the timelines usually like for hearing if you have successfully been accepted onto a VS. I appreciate it will differ from firm to firm, but it doesn't take away from how incredibly nerve wracking it is!!

I do have a few other ACs to prepare for which is helping to re-focus my mind, but I am finding it very hard to focus given that it is literally going to be a YES or a NO.

Any advice would go a long way, cheers.

• 🏆
Reactions: djqb and OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker would be v grateful if you could offer any insight on this
Unfortunately, there is a lot of variables in here to say exactly. For instance, how far you are into the course/which modules you had completed, whether you have worked in the legal industry before, even down to how you have described your skills/knowledge in your application. It will also vary between firms (and possibly even interviewers).

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Hi guys, does anyone have insight into how much legal knowledge is assumed by the interviewers if you've already started the pgdl when you interview?
Not loads. They might assume that you know, like, offer and acceptance and consideration etc. but I don't think they're likely to grill you on contract fundamentals

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    ...question - do you guys use 'practical law' (or any other legal resources) to learn about M&A. Or is that too much detail? Because I am soo scared that I do not have enough info/knowledge for the case study

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    ...question - do you guys use 'practical law' (or any other legal resources) to learn about M&A. Or is that too much detail? Because I am soo scared that I do not have enough info/knowledge for the case study
    Correct me if I’m wrong as I’m not speaking from experience; but, remember that graduates of any discipline can gain vacation schemes at most firms. IMO technical legal knowledge will not be something that will be challenged much in a case study but I’m sure others who have actually attended ACs will be able to provider better guidance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.