TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobeavers

Jan 24, 2022
Guys, my dream finally came true. Thank you to everyone on this website who helped me on my journey. I have just got a TC offer from one of the best firms out there. I just want to let you all know that it is possible, keep the dream alive, don’t stop grinding! You are probably wondering how I got this TC offer. Here is my advice. It’s about drive, it’s about power, stay humble and devour. This is goodbye from me! Training contract at FBC Manby Bowdler, here I come.

refy

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 19, 2021
For those who applied to Freshfields summer VS, have you heard back post-WG?

✅ - received AC invite
👍 - no news post-WG
❌ - PFO post-WG

I completed te WG 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back since :/ starting to think it's a PFO
I did it over 2 weeks ago and emailed grad rec today as I thought it may not have gone through bc this happened w another app - but they responded saying they received it and are still screening the app so don’t lose hope !!

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Amazing! Thank you very much!

Any tips for the AC? Mine is next week haha
    I’ve had quite a lot of messages asking for tips but these are the general ones I’ve told everyone, happy to answer any other questions!

In terms of advice I would say:
    - Make sure your why cms/why law is clear and practiced
    - Look at the competencies on the CMS Early Talent website as the questions follow along the lines of those
    - In the case study, really take notice of the time as it goes by quick! And also make sure you have a good structure and answer all the points in the task
    - In the group task, if the group doesn't seem to be going in the right direction don't stress too much and make sure what you say is of merit. This is where I fell down last year as my team were going on a tangent and I was more focussed on trying to get them back on track!

isaacsj

Jan 6, 2022
    I’ve had quite a lot of messages asking for tips but these are the general ones I’ve told everyone, happy to answer any other questions!

In terms of advice I would say:
    - Make sure your why cms/why law is clear and practiced
    - Look at the competencies on the CMS Early Talent website as the questions follow along the lines of those
    - In the case study, really take notice of the time as it goes by quick! And also make sure you have a good structure and answer all the points in the task
    - In the group task, if the group doesn't seem to be going in the right direction don't stress too much and make sure what you say is of merit. This is where I fell down last year as my team were going on a tangent and I was more focussed on trying to get them back on track!

That's great advice. Thank you again!

Reactions: OB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.