TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon2000

Jan 25, 2022
Just done the Kennedys SST... goodness that was difficult. Did anyone get that report that outlines your strengths and weaknesses? If so, how soon did you get it after completing the assessment?
Hi there! Just curious, is the Kennedys SST just situational judgement questions where you rank what you would do or is there also some critical reasoning in it too? Thanks!

Shannon2000

Jan 25, 2022
Just done the Kennedys SST... goodness that was difficult. Did anyone get that report that outlines your strengths and weaknesses? If so, how soon did you get it after completing the assessment?
Hi there! Just curious, is the Kennedys SST just situational judgement questions where you rank what you would do or is there also some critical reasoning in it too? Thanks!

antisocial applicant

Esteemed Member
Jan 12, 2022
If I were given 1 hour to read documents and write a memorandum about suggesting the best way to go out of 3 possibilities to a fictional client, how much is expected for me to produce? half a side of A4 a full side, or maybe more? I understand everyone writes at different speeds, but I'm just wondering if there's a general amount I should aim for so I don't go in completely clueless. Also, would it be advised to do an executive summary before you jump into your analysis? @Jessica Booker I would really appreciate your insight if you could spare the time, as well as anyone else's!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If I were given 1 hour to read documents and write a memorandum about suggesting the best way to go out of 3 possibilities to a fictional client, how much is expected for me to produce? half a side of A4 a full side, or maybe more? I understand everyone writes at different speeds, but I'm just wondering if there's a general amount I should aim for so I don't go in completely clueless. Also, would it be advised to do an executive summary before you jump into your analysis? @Jessica Booker I would really appreciate your insight if you could spare the time, as well as anyone else's!
There really won't be a set amount - its much more about quality than quantity.

Executive summaries can work - it really depends on the context though. Does the task need one? Will your audience benefit from one?

Sorry to be so vague on this, but unfortunately there is no set approach/expectations with these things.

ISABE11A

Dec 29, 2021
I recieved an email re WM's in-person AC, and the dress code is: 'please feel free to dress in your comfortable attire (assessors will be smart casual).' - I don't have anyone to ask for advice because no one in my family has a traditional office job. Would smart black trousers and a blouse/shirt be ok? I'm assuming it's better to be over-dressed than too casual? Thank you!

Ailsa I

Standard Member
Jan 21, 2021
For poeple that got to Linklaters AC - I did the work experience section but I have completely forgotten what work experiences I put down (i know very stupid of me). Does anyone know if it is possible to access it because I really do not know how 😬
Hey! I don't think it's possible to access the work experience section after it is submitted, however in my HR interview they didn't ask about any specific job/volunteering etc that I had put down so please don't worry! They really give you the freedom to discuss whatever you would like.

Reactions: Commerciallaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.