TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Addleshaw Goddard interview (screaming inside rn)!!!

the only day they have available tho is Friday and I have another Ac what do I do? Will this disadvantage me?
Give them a call first thing tomorrow morning. Explain you have another assessment centre on that day and ask if they have any flexibility for other dates as you would be really keen to find an alternative date. There are many times in which these things can be moved around a bit, so I'd be surprised if they couldn't provide an alternative

Howmanyrounds?

Jan 31, 2022
Has anyone heard back post AC for skadden? (I havent :( )
Have not either. It's odd that they said in the AC offer email that the deadline for submitting the required documents for the DBS check is 2nd of Feb... I'm assuming they will extend this for those who get the offers.
I also had a quick look over last year's forum and some people didn't hear back until 1/2 days after the initial deadline (to submit the DBS check documents). So we may have to sit tight until Thursday.

• ℹ️
Reactions: ubklu, jennifer and Law2022

LEL

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 22, 2020
Guys, I must know, what are the differences in terms of what US and UK firms look for? I've had 4 interviews with US firms and been rejected by all UK firms I've applied to. I know it's not as clear cut as I may think it is, since there are other factors involved, but I would be grateful if anyone could give any ideas!

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Guys, I must know, what are the differences in terms of what US and UK firms look for? I've had 4 interviews with US firms and been rejected by all UK firms I've applied to. I know it's not as clear cut as I may think it is, since there are other factors involved, but I would be grateful if anyone could give any ideas!
    It's hard to generalise but in my limited experience thus far, US firms seem to be less concerned about moulding a trainee into their 'ideal' worker. U.K firms tend to want a very specific type of candidate i.e. A&O benchmark SJTs against current high performers at the firm. US firms tend to encourage entrepreneurialism more than their U.K counterparts and generally have a more hands on approach to training so I would guess look at independence and initiative as more desirable than other firms.

Of course one cannot adopt a 'one size fits all' approach, this has just been my observation with the firms that I have applied for.

tc_hopeful

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 18, 2020
    Just found a couple massive typos in the work experience section of my Shearman app.... kinda gutted as I was quite keen on the firm but I guess I should have proof-read more carefully.... :(

• 🤝
    Reactions: OB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.