TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycw

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
hiya, wondering if anyone has heard back from A&O post SJT for summer VS? I did my online test on Christmas Eve and haven't heard back since then and I am getting anxious...

LS07

Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 23, 2020
AG VI (Manchester)! Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare or if the questions were mainly competency-based?
I did mine last week. For me it was mainly competency-based and your motivations for the firm. It was for the London office. Just really be clear on why you want to apply to AG and think about your experience and how this links to the firm! you'll do great, all the best :)

• 🏆
Reactions: Sophh182

JM1998

Esteemed Member
Mar 26, 2021
Hi! A much delayed congratulations to you! Would you be able to share a bit of your AC experience? Was it an enjoyable one with firm- curious about the case study bit!
Hi!

I really enjoyed the AC, and the firm are brilliant (in my slightly biased view)! Everyone is so friendly and wants you to succeed and is happy to offer help. I’ve found this from trainees all the way up to the senior equity partners post AC.

I can’t go into too much detail, and it was quite a while ago. I think we had to read a case study and then answered questions on the basis of this from two associates in an interview.

I hope this has been useful, and let me know either on here or PM if you have any more questions!

Reactions: George Maxwell

cycw

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
Hey, for some reason this year I didn't received my feedback report + had to email grad rec to get it
Would you mind me asking if you've then been offered an AC or whether you've been rejected after getting your feedback report? perhaps I should email them for the feedback report, but I just did my test last two weeks because of adjustments but I feel like I could give a longer wait. On the portal it says they are still reviewing my app though. My friend was offered an AC but rejected after it.

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Did they happen to tell you how long until you’d hear back? I just had mine and I wasn’t told how long it would be
    No, they didn't give any definite time period at all. They just said they still have interviews scheduled over the next few weeks, and can only inform successful candidates once all the interviews are done.

How did your AC go though?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.