TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Guys I have still not heard from Latham and their deadline was 2nd January and applied on new year eve. Do you lot think I should email them about an update on my application or is it early. I am asking as I have never had experience with Latham application and when is the last VI they send out.

Reactions: atrumregina1 and JD

lhs444

Feb 1, 2021
    Hi all, I was hoping someone could tell me more about what makes a firm a competitor of another firm. I'm in the process of determining the competitors of a certain firm and wanted to know what factors should I be looking at? I think that a competitor would be one that competes for the same clients so, firms that are strong in the same sectors are competitors even though the difference in reputation could be wildly different. Does that also mean that a law firm's list of competitors could be really long? If so, is there a way to determine their main competitors?

SCN

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 20, 2020
    Hi all, I was hoping someone could tell me more about what makes a firm a competitor of another firm. I'm in the process of determining the competitors of a certain firm and wanted to know what factors should I be looking at? I think that a competitor would be one that competes for the same clients so, firms that are strong in the same sectors are competitors even though the difference in reputation could be wildly different. Does that also mean that a law firm's list of competitors could be really long? If so, is there a way to determine their main competitors?
    In terms of competitors, I would look at it through practice areas. X firm might be a competitor because they have a very strong Y practice area. But X firm might not be a competitor in other practice areas

Reactions: Rob93

NMA

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Has anyone ever been invited to attend an AC and accepted, and then decided not to do it anymore? I'm pretty sure this one coming up will be my last for the cycle, but I am unbelievably burned out. Where I used to feel confident before the ACs I've done, I just now feel sick at the prospect of having to do another 4 hour day of questions. Also, will I probably be barred from applying to that firm again in the future if I do cancel?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Guys I have still not heard from Latham and their deadline was 2nd January and applied on new year eve. Do you lot think I should email them about an update on my application or is it early. I am asking as I have never had experience with Latham application and when is the last VI they send out.
    I’d normally wait 6 weeks before chasing up unless you are sure other people have heard back and you haven’t.

Reactions: Asil Ahmad
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.