TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcelP

Standard Member
Sep 2, 2021
anyone else thinks it is a PFO from Gowling now :(
Not necessarily, I cross referenced last years and this years AC invites (they were very similar in terms of deadlines) and I saw that they handed out London PFOs before sending out Birmingham office invites.

Stay positive but also do not stress out too much! Last year they handed out invites from the 26-28th and on the 29th they sent out PFOs - No applicant for the London office has received a PFO so it seems like they are much slower this year even though invites started around the 24th.

For your reference, I applied for the London office and although I have pretty much given up - you may still have a chance.

Best of luck!

• 🤝
Reactions: djqb

NaimK

Valued Member
May 6, 2019
Hey guys I got an invite for a Watson Glaser test. I did one last month so in preparing for it, I exhausted all the free online resources. I definitely wanna pay to get more practice. Anyone know the best links/test packages to buy?

Also, is anyone familiar with the Winston & Strawn process after sending an app? What are the next stages?

Reactions: anon123456789

mads_g

Star Member
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2021
WBD application is open and their application question is - Considering the location in which you wish to train; tell us about a local project or development that has interested you. Explain why it is of interest and how, as a business, we could provide support? 5000 characters
Is this for the vac scheme?

Praying4TC2022

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 3, 2022
    Reactions: TCG

anon123456789

Valued Member
  • Oct 25, 2021
    Hey guys I got an invite for a Watson Glaser test. I did one last month so in preparing for it, I exhausted all the free online resources. I definitely wanna pay to get more practice. Anyone know the best links/test packages to buy?

Also, is anyone familiar with the Winston & Strawn process after sending an app? What are the next stages?
    I love love loveeee the Assessment Day stuff as they give you tonnes of practice questions for £14.99 which is a lot cheaper than many providers. Gives you access for a year and lets you track your progress :) https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/buy/critical-thinking-buy.htm

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD and NaimK

Nicole15

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 22, 2018
    I’m trying to understand the reasons why some firms with an otherwise large global presence don’t have any offices in the United States; is this a conscious decision, are there any barriers to entry, etc. - any insights would be much appreciated :)
    Hi!

Good question. I think it depends on the firm’s overall business strategy. Some firms prefer to adopt a “best friends network” whereby they will liaise with local lawyers within the US to serve a client’s needs. One argument for doing this is that they are essentially teaming up with the best law firm within that jurisdiction and therefore it is likely the client will get the best advice possible. Opening up another office in a particular state could be good if there’s a strong case for serving a client need. But there’s also the notion of the existing competition between the other local firms. A firm’s overseas office may not necessarily be the best firm in that state to advise a client. These are just my insights on this so don’t take it as gospel.. I hope this helps!

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.