TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awd1998

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Am I likely to be asked the question ‘where should we open our next office’ by a firm with 46 offices? They seem to have offices everywhere so I don’t know how to answer it :/
Probably not but you could be. What's the firm if you don't mine me asking as that might help me give you some sort of answer to your question as had a similar type of question after my official interview had finished when I was chatting more informally to the two partners interviewing me but that was more around what's your view about why we closed these offices.

Reactions: Law2021vacschemer

SOAS22

Esteemed Member
  • Nov 26, 2021
    How would you answer the question ‘what would be the disadvantages working at this firm?’ The firm has a very Southern base, rather than northern. So I see that as a disadvantage. Maybe I could mention the fact they do not offer international secondments?

Parsorandini

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 8, 2021
    So my first VS cycle is looking like being fruitless, but I already feel like I can write an application 10x better than those I wrote just a couple of months ago. Is it worth using the knowledge I've learned to put the time in and now apply for direct TCs, or are most TCs given to VS applicants making it not worth it?

Law2021vacschemer

Valued Member
    Dec 7, 2021
    Probably not but you could be. What's the firm if you don't mine me asking as that might help me give you some sort of answer to your question as had a similar type of question after my official interview had finished when I was chatting more informally to the two partners interviewing me but that was more around what's your view about why we closed these offices.
    Thank you! It’s White & Case :)

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Guys if you see a recruitment agency named on chace people don’t apply! I applied through LinkedIn and they seem dodgy! Although they have my cv and know my voice, I am not particularly worried but just pay attention.

Reactions: TCG

Lilz

Esteemed Member
    Dec 16, 2020
    Hi, I was wondering what type of questions they ask in video interviews when applying for a HR role in a law firm? Are the questions more about you, and less about the firm? I have a friend who is applying for a HR role at an international law firm and I’ve tried to help her out, but I don’t want to make her do too much research if it’s not necessary! I know you worked high up in HR / grad recruitment Jessica, do the video interviews differ quite a lot between a vacation scheme candidate and applying for an entry level HR role?

awd1998

Star Member
    Jan 7, 2022
    Thank you! It’s White & Case :)
    Could potentially talk about needing an office in Dublin (post brexit) as seams to be what a lot of firms have done due to Brexit reasons even if they already have offices elsewhere in Europe. Or could talk about whether there is a need for the firm to expand into have an office in a region in England or have an office in Scotland for instance to offer it clients localised expertise in these markets.

Law2021vacschemer

Valued Member
    Dec 7, 2021
    Could potentially talk about needing an office in Dublin (post brexit) as seams to be what a lot of firms have done due to Brexit reasons even if they already have offices elsewhere in Europe. Or could talk about whether there is a need for the firm to expand into have an office in a region in England or have an office in Scotland for instance to offer it clients localised expertise in these markets.
    Thank you so much!! This is really helpful :)

amzey2

Star Member
    Jan 16, 2022
    For anyone doing White & Case’s AC, have you gotten more information on the time we’ll be made to undertake the Written Exercise? I have only been asked to book a slot for interview and nothing in relation to the 75 mins Written Exercise.

Reactions: George Maxwell

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    AHhhh I'm panicking.

As I started my V&E video interview, I accidentally recorded a two-second video of myself and uploaded it without even answering the first question. And now I can only record the answers to my 2nd and 3rd questions. I'm crushed. Is there any way around this? @Jessica Booker

My dumb thumbs are costing me my career.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.