TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Quite interested in this-

Why do some law firms offer applicants direct TC when they apply for a SVS? Would really like to know.

Thanks!
Maybe the person already has a lot of legal work experience and may not benefit as much from a vacation scheme (almost a step backwards for them). I also used to push people to direct TC processes when they were already in employment in other firms or with clients due to conflict checks.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I just signed a TC offer and I just realised that I put some dates on my work experience history incorrectly :') I put down the year for two experiences incorrectly. Submitted the form last minute and didn't get to do a thorough check as my mother was admitted to hospital that day. Should I let Grad Rec know and does anyone think my offer will be retracted?
When you say a year was wrong, do you mean both the start and end date was wrong? Or could it have looked like you were in employment for a longer period of time than you actually were?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
The year of the start and end date was wrong! It was an informal work as well so I wasn't technically employed by them and I just come in on some days.
So for instance, it said something like:

01/01/2018 to 20/12/2018

when it should have been

01/01/2019 to 20/12/2019

?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yes! Sorry I wasn't clear before
Ok - then there probably isn't anything to worry about. You are not inflating an experience.

Just email them now to make it clear the mistakes, to clarify what the dates should be and to explain the circumstances that led to the mistake.

abcdefg

Jan 11, 2022
Thank you so much! Yes, I got a bit panicked since I think I have to do a background check in a couple of weeks and worried there'll be issues with it! Should I send along evidence to prove that the date I will provide to them is the correct one?
Ok - then there probably isn't anything to worry about. You are not inflating an experience.

Just email them now to make it clear the mistakes, to clarify what the dates should be and to explain the circumstances that led to the mistake.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you so much! Yes, I got a bit panicked since I think I have to do a background check in a couple of weeks and worried there'll be issues with it! Should I send along evidence to prove that the date I will provide to them is the correct one?
They will just want the proof when you go through the on-boarding checks, rather than now.

There is likely to be a bit of back and forth with the background checks where the information does not align, but its nothing that cannot be explained/sorted out by the sounds of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.