TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mch16

• May 3, 2020
    AG GR contacted me last Tuesday to say that my VI answers were incomplete as no sound can be heard. I’ve called them multiple times and emailed them with no response. Any advice as to what else I can do?

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    AG GR contacted me last Tuesday to say that my VI answers were incomplete as no sound can be heard. I’ve called them multiple times and emailed them with no response. Any advice as to what else I can do?
    I think contact the VI it team and explain this to them, but I don't think anything could be done more than calling and emailing.

Reactions: mch16

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Welcome to the club, we have wine and taco bell.
    How do people improve on timed VIs? I did a video interview simulation with TCLA and got decent feedback but my brain just absolutely melted during the real thing. Also I hate looking at myself on camera - so cringe.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    How do people improve on timed VIs? I did a video interview simulation with TCLA and got decent feedback but my brain just absolutely melted during the real thing. Also I hate looking at myself on camera - so cringe.
    I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but some VI's have an option to blur your camera which I think helps if you get distracted by watching yourself :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    As someone has mentioned above, contact the platform provider and see if they can reset it for you. You might need to email from the firm to confirm this.

Otherwise just keep calling/emailing the firm in question.

Reactions: mch16 and GXA123

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but some VI's have an option to blur your camera which I think helps if you get distracted by watching yourself :)

omg! That’s what that blur function was for!!! I was so scared to press the button and find out because of the car crash I caused during my V&E VI. Unlike most of you, I’m a geriatric millennial who is generally bad with tech. But thanks for letting me know - I’ll do that next time.

My best friend is coming up to visit me from New Jersey today so I’m going to just forget about my interview for now. Woot.

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Honestly I think practice goes a long way. When I got my Weil invite I was totally surprised and hadn't really thought about how to handle VIs, having not had any concrete expectation of getting through to that point. Taking a bit of a break from applications right now, but going into summer direct TC and, more likely than not, next cycle's applications I'm going to make a point of doing mock VIs with a question bank a couple times a week.

• 🏆
    • 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD and Adrian_S

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    omg! That’s what that blur function was for!!! I was so scared to press the button and find out because of the car crash I caused during my V&E VI. Unlike most of you, I’m a geriatric millennial who is generally bad with tech. But thanks for letting me know - I’ll do that next time.

My best friend is coming up to visit me from New Jersey today so I’m going to just forget about my interview for now. Woot.
    Geriatric millennial solidarity

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.