TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I am thinking of applying for a paralegal role at the same firm that I am waiting for an answer from for a vacation scheme application (post-app - I have not been invited to interview yet). Is this ok? - would it have any impact on my vacation scheme application?
They are two different teams, the HR is different from the GR team and they have two different hiring models.

21wajsz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 3, 2020
    I completely forgot to submit the written part of my AC and the grad rec emailed me today to complete it (it was due 6 days ago and my life has gotten so hectic that I just forgot to do it)

Well fully anticipating a PFO now 😩

Reactions: George Maxwell

AspiringTrainee

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 22, 2021
    how do you go about sorting accommodation for a 2 week scheme in London, looking at budget hotels but they aren’t very budget friendly🥲
    A lot of halls are open to the public or young professionals. They are still costly sometimes but it can be cheaper than hotels and air bnbs. For example, I have booked a room in a Unite Students in Whitechapel - therefore, I do not need to travel to the firm as it is within walking distance. If your scheme is in July more halls will be available but not so much in June, I found that out 🤣 but Unite has a lot of good centrally located halls if you do not want to travel too far.

AspiringTrainee

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 22, 2021
    A lot of halls are open to the public or young professionals. They are still costly sometimes but it can be cheaper than hotels and air bnbs. For example, I have booked a room in a Unite Students in Whitechapel - therefore, I do not need to travel to the firm as it is within walking distance. If your scheme is in July more halls will be available but not so much in June, I found that out 🤣 but Unite has a lot of good centrally located halls if you do not want to travel too far.
    This place is another hall that is £28-£35 per night and not too far away from a lot of firms too https://aa4s.co.uk/summer-accommodation/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.