TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Well that brings all outstanding applications to close for me with a second vac scheme offer! Definitely going to celebrate this weekend as my LPC exams are over as well!

I made 5 applications this cycle, 2 direct TC 3 VS. I received 1 post VI PFO for a VS, 2 post final AC/Interview PFOs for the TCs and 2 vac scheme offers! This is my third cycle and the first time I've got any offers, I didn't even make it to AC in my first cycle!

Taylor Wessing VS offer following my AC yesterday 🥳 Emotional moment as it's my first offer after four years of applications :)

Not me getting a VS offer yesterday and then only hours later testing positive for covid. Swings and roundabouts I guess? 😅

✨ LATHAM VS OFFER!!!!✨
@Abii very, very well done! You've been such a star and source of support here on TCLA and I am so happy for you!! 👏👏👏

@lellie23 I can imagine how emotional this must have been for you!! You've done so, so well!! Please do keep us updated through your posts here on the forum on how your VS goes and if we can help you at all to prep for it!

@stemlawgal oh my you've had a big day!! 😅 Many, many congratulations and I hope you're doing ok?

@s10 so, so happy for you!! All your hardwork has paid off- you deserve this and more 👏👏👏

What a stellar show everyone!!👏👏👏🥳🥳🥳

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Slightly off topic - had a paralegal interview today. Assumed it was on Zoom/Teams (as all my interviews have been)...turns out it was in-person! Let's just say it was a very stressful morning when I realised!!

but you got through it! that’s amazing! what an icon - i would’ve had a mental breakdown lmao

RARodle

• Feb 3, 2021
    The online assessment centre. It was on the 9th so I’ll wait until the 2 week mark and then send them an email I think! What was the final interview like?
    Absolutely send then an email to follow up! I had an interview with two Partners within PwC legal which lasted 60 minutes. It was really an extension of the 1-on-1 interview we had during the AC.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Anyone heard back from V&E post-interview? Or is everyone else waiting too?

don’t think anyone’s heard back yet. but also completely expecting a rejection. i made like 3 inappropriate jokes, cut off a partner mid sentence, and basically couldnt remember anything i’d prepared due to sheer nervousness. lmao im toast

• 🤝
    Reactions: kr253, GXA123 and M991

Cantab_95

Legendary Member
    Sep 19, 2019
    don’t think anyone’s heard back yet. but also completely expecting a rejection. i made like 3 inappropriate jokes, cut off a partner mid sentence, and basically couldnt remember anything i’d prepared due to sheer nervousness. lmao im toast
    Same here re hearing back. I interviewed just under 2 weeks ago now, would be great to hear back this week but have a feeling this might run until the end of March - certainly the coolest office I’ve seen!

Reactions: Adrian_S

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Had trouble finding the answer to this, but after an interview/AC, do recruiters consider how a candidate has performed at various stages of the application process before making them an offer (or do they just consider AC/interview performance)? Wondering if @Jessica Booker might know.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Had trouble finding the answer to this, but after an interview/AC, do recruiters consider how a candidate has performed at various stages of the application process before making them an offer (or do they just consider AC/interview performance)? Wondering if @Jessica Booker might know.
    That information can still be considered. For instance, if you have had a borderline performance in an exercise or competency, they may look back at earlier stages to see if there is evidence elsewhere that supports the decision (which ever way it goes). For instance, I had many instances where a written exercise wasn't ideal, and so we would look back at the pyschometric assessments (which then was a verbal reasoning assessment) and written style of their application to see if there were any concerns there. If there were, it tended to push a decision to a no, while if they were strong, it might push it to a yes.

However, I would say in most instances, this approach isn't needed. You can typically make a decision just based on the latest assessments you have undertaken. If a candidate has made it through the earlier stages, there is a minimum benchmark they have met anyway (and that tends to be quite high) and so trying to benchmark candidates based on their earlier performances is a bit futile as they are often quite similar.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Adrian_S
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.